Wednesday, May 31, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #32) – Day #143

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 31 May 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (June 2023)

[T3, W:07 – D:31*, (Td:02)*].

Dear Diary,

    I had a nice chat with Mr Mario after having breakfast. He sang for me and clapped his hands, “Hooray for Mr Ali! Hooray for Mr. Ali!” It really cheered me up. Still was not feeling well after waking a full twenty-two hours and no rest from ten in the morning yesterday.

    As soon as both Sir and Miss Panchu left, then Miss Roberts came hurriedly into the office. She came to tell me that she did not plan anything for the class this morning. I told her immediately that I had forgotten about her. It was the truth told. Further questions came that built her anger that she went off in a swift blast to the principal’s office. I went to print my teaching notes booklet for the Form 1s and their Mr Ali Textbook as well while she was in the office.

    The documents were being printed and the principal came out with her busy. The doctor told me about the logo on the paper. She said that once it had the St. George’s logo it became the property of the school. ‘Doctor’ walked off talking on her phone. I was told that on Friday (Day 4) the fifth and sixth periods would be a meeting about what went on. She left the office with the same copy of my exam paper rolled up and crimpled in her hand.

    1L was already in the music room’ and I met her standing in the corridor. She could not speak to me and I headed off. The students needed the full duration to do their exams. They were a bit noisy and I kept a close eye on the cheaters. When they left the room for the third period, Miss Gittens called me from the end of the corridor to remind me of the VAPA department meeting. I took my bags and went to Miss Jones in the Theatre room.

  • Timetable and the complications of allocation for each class.
  • 19 June 2023: Draft submission for VAPA subjects exams.
  • 26 June 2023: First Day of Exams.
  • 05 July 2023: Graduation Ceremony.

    After the meeting, Miss Roberts had concerns to address. She mentioned that there were four topics that would not be able to finish with the Form 1s before the exams. She said that she would have to leave that for Form 2. She also mentioned that she will not be amending nor taking out questions from the ‘standard’ Form 1 exam that St. George’s. She used the word lesson plan but those were teaching notes.

    During lunchtime, I met Josean from 1M by my desk. We did some review of notes, drawing them, their time values and time signatures. She had just gotten her grade one exercise book. Jessie came too and asked for a review of pitches on the treble and bass staves.

    During the eighth period, Aliyah got her review of pitches on treble and bass staff while the class continued to copy the note from the board. Apparently, Miss Roberts got her notes ready for once. The topic was Major scales. He had to call me outside for one of the regular talks when she did not like the way I taught it. She got vexed when she had to do it instead. Not sure when I will get to do the test with the students. Not sure too when a midterm would even be given. I will never forget today and the way it shaped out being.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:42 am – 3:36 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment