Monday, May 22, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #31) – Day #138

Date for Entry: (Monday 22 May 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 04 June 2023)

[T3, W:06: – D:03*, (Td:02)*].

Dear Diary,

    I came to Valsayn in the maxi with Tyrell this morning. Three Georgian students were with us also. As soon as I got to the office, I did not have time to eat breakfast. Miss Roberts came into the office and signed. There was something that she said and left. I had an idea in my mind that I came to the classroom and the students were gone but when I went to the music room and she was already teaching.

    As I went out of the office my keyboard in my hand and my book for class Mr Warner helped me carry the keyboard. As soon as I opened that classroom door, the ‘idea’ became a vision because the ‘idea’ had come to pass. When We stood by the classroom door and looked into the glass window, Miss Roberts had already done me that evil. I took the keyboard from Mr Warner and told him to get his bag from class and join the rest of the class in the ‘music room’. I went back to rest the keyboard in the office and then return to the class.

    During the session, Miss Roberts took the entire class. There was a review of treble and bass pitches. The girls that don’t study couldn’t answer the questions. After correcting the homework, the tones and semitones game was done for the rest of the class. I sat there listening while I had the students fill out the same class attendance.

    I went back to the office after the class and took out my Bristol board to do some chart work. Did not remember to bring the markers so I had the sheets cut and drew out the pencil lines to write them out the next day. I had a sheet of blue Bristol board to do Key Signatures in Flats and Bass cleg pitches. The green Bristol board for Key Signatures in Flats and Treble clef pitches. I started to feel sick.

    Miss Santana had also forgotten to come to visit me to listen to the “To the Ceiling” arrangement that I did. Couldn’t get onto Miss Chote or the Principal so I left a message with Isekel and walked out of the compound. I held onto my umbrella and waited and waited. Not many maxis or taxis were on the road at that time of day. I got five drips of rain on my head and then after a while, a maxi passed.

    Daddy and I went to the stationary store to get some more sheets of Bristol board. That evening, I fought and fought to get at least one chart done. It took me ten and a half hours long to get the time signatures chart completed.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:56 am – 3:37 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment