Thursday, May 4, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #28) – Day #126

 Date for Entry: (Thursday 04 April 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 07 April 2023)

[T3, W:03 – D:14*].

Dear Diary,

    Only Mr Jobe came down with me in the maxi this morning. I had class with 1L. They needed the full time to do the expressive features lesson, which was done in their home class. I did the “The Class that I like” singing. It was a short melody in four-four at about three measure long.

    I sang it and had them tap the pulse as tempo was the first item on the list for the expressive features topic. This was my method of trying to get the students an idea of what they were about to write about in their books and the various related vocabulary. I realised that I made a mistake for the 1L class and gave the same example as dynamics but it would be good review for next time.

    For the rest of periods three and four I went back to the art room to work on the envelopes. I got masking tape from Miss and helped her reinforce the envelopes. Three sides of each envelope except the top opening. I eft that one until all the envelopes were filled. Some students were asked to come in and finish up their labelling. Yesterday evening while working with Miss I got the forms to stick on the back. The students just had to fill them in, someone would write in their candidate’s number on the envelope and insert the project.

    During recess, I went to visit Miss Roberts but she was busy. Time was going and she stopped me to ask about the class. When she asked if the 1L’s lesson was done in the music room and I said no, she got angry with me.

    After lunch, 1F’s class was done in the music room. They took long because a lot of students were responsible for the injury of a girl in class. It took up time for the roll session to over and Miss Roberts took long for the students to do the review of ties and slurs. She asked if I wanted to do the review or she could do it so I let her. She gave them more homework.

    I had less than one hour to do the entire session. Had to run to the office to get an attendance sheet. I did the proper singing but changed “I like 1L” to “I like 1F” to suite the class. I did the first round at one stead pulse and the next began steady but was slowed down and sped up. They were able to understand that. We had one minutes exact before school to over and I just went through the pronunciations of each word. She said that she would not be coming tomorrow.

    Miss Dedier had forgotten me that afternoon and stormed out the door. As it came to four in the evening, Miss Santana was going home late. She sat and we had a good chat about the function for Miss Rogers-Small before she left. I walked out to the road sometime after.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:48 am – 3:32 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment