Monday, May 8, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #29) – Day #128

Date for Entry: (Monday 08 May 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 13 May 2023)

[T3, W:04 – D:16, (Td:04)*].

Dear Diary,

    There was a very empty road this morning. No Georgian was with me. The office was fumed out too early and it got me more sicker than I already was. I didn’t see Doctor there that morning until after lunch. I had to eat in the kitchen and went to the music room. It gave me some time to work on my lesson plans for term three. All lesson plans and teaching notes for term three were reviewed and completed by the end of recess.

    The students I helped with Tenor bass last week didn’t stay long enough for me to come out behind the desk to help. Miss Roberts too did not show up for the rest of the day so I locked up and went back to the office to rest my bags. She did not even remember that I needed the next lessons. So, I decided to teach 1L the accidentals lessons that I created myself. It was the first time that I had to carry my keyboard into the classroom.

    The class was very unsettled and restless. Did not have the strength to shout that loud. I had the keyboard on the loudest volume and the children still could not hear what I was playing. Either way, the lesson was still successfully taught and I was very proud of Ansar today. He got all correct in the accidental listening exercise that I created.

    After school was finished, Miss Gittens remained to do the Bus shuttle alone. We had a good chat until the last bus went. She took me to the art room to show me the envelopes that some of the students had made for her during the day. At that time the invigilators for sculpting told the three girls that they had exactly one hour left.

    I recall that Jeanice came into the art room to ask if I brought my yardstick to school. She looked like she was in big trouble. I saw the attempt she made with a smaller ruler found earlier. In a way, I was angry at what she did with the six lines and certain things that occur.

    I took about forty-five minutes of the student’s last hour to draw lines with the small ruler and label them. I tried to finish the work at the same time as the students but needed six more seconds after the time was finished. Miss and I got a ride from a parent.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:35 am – 4:49 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment