Friday, May 26, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #31) – Day #141

Date for Entry: (Friday 26 May 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 04 June 2023)

[T3, W:06: – D:29, (Td:06)*].

Dear Diary,

    Four students came down in the maxi with me this morning. I had breakfast in the office and spoke with Mrs Santana. Miss Rivas brought a copy of the “Suhani Raat” score that I transcribed and emailed to her last night. I told her that I had to make copies of the song and she went to make the four for me. During lunchtime, I gave the three copies to 'Vanna', Seth and Matthew in 1M as gifts.

    Mr Shiva came and asked for piano lessons. He needed a teacher for someone. I took attendance in the subject register for the past four classes and filled out my teacher’s log.

    Miss Roberts did not come today. I had the 2F students come in. I chose to work on my Treble clef and Bass clef charts. It took me two periods to complete both charts. They were erased during lunchtime with the nice company of Yendi, Aahana and Ari.

    The students were out of control with instruments. It was only until sitting with Miss Gittens for the shuttle in the evening that Kai told us it was the first time that they ever got to play instruments. Even though the loud noise was hard, I’m glad that they did have fun.

    The Form 3s did not come at all during the 5th and 6th periods. I was glad in a bit that I did not have to babysit again. I had a nice chat with Miss Mary and her supervisor until the bell for recess. When I saw that they had a whiteboard in the room I offered them to give them music theory classes on a day of the week. The two ladies were very interested in the classes and I told them that we could use the book that I made for the Form 1 students.

    Some of the Form 1F students waited for the shuttle and Kai was telling us about the less music experience. Miss Gittens and I waited a while after school. We met the decorator and we measured the stage and took notes on what might be needed. It took a while but was over soon. A rat ran across the stage and the three of us were surprised. I remembered getting a lime joke from Mr Shiva about staying home Monday for a lime. I said "nah" at the end of school.

Link(s):

  • "Suhani Raat" Score. **

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:53 am – 4:58 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment