Monday, May 15, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #30) – Day #133

Date for Entry: (Monday 15 May 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 May 2023)

[T3, W:05 – D:21*, (Td:03)*].

Dear Diary,

    One Form Two student was with me in the maxi this morning. No one was there in the office when I got to school. I had breakfast in the kitchen and went off to 1M in class with my stuff and the keyboard. I did the accidentals topic with them and sometime into the early parts of the second period, I should get a call from Miss Roberts. She sounded as if she had not gotten to the music room.

    I looked out to the car park from the window and her car was there (parked where it shouldn’t be). She yelled me up on the phone because I did not carry the students to the music room. When she was ready to get my explanation, I told her that my time and the children’s time were taken up because of assembly and homeroom time. It was as if I was supposed to apologise, which I did not do. I waited and held the phone in and listened to the silence of her thinking. It took her six long seconds to hang up.

    Putting the phone back into my pocket, I saw some of the students looking back at me. Within four short seconds, I could see Miss Roberts in her yellow top barging out the music room’s door and stamping her flat shoes. It was amazing that she actually made the bend to go up to the building in the back. I had a feeling it would have been Miss Gittens who was going to complain about me. It could not have been to Miss Jones all the way down to the other side of the same building.

    The students looked at me watching that conversation from the front of the class while they finished copying the note. When they asked me if I was all right, I did mention a short something to them about the meeting taking place. They looked out the window too. Only ten students handed up books.

    I graded them and handed them back by the end of lunchtime. I saw Isa smiling and waving at me from within the Library. I could tell that they had literature when I asked Dr Blandin permission to return the students’ books. I had copies for the students that did not have the grade one exercise book. Isekel and I noticed that the PDF pages of the grade one book were out of order.

    For the rest of the day, I had a forty per cent exam for semiquavers and beaming planned out. Did some research in the staffroom to do a plan for a chart on staves. I also took the time after school to clear my desk and relieve it of some clutter. Mrs. Santana didn’t come today so we couldn’t chat.

    That same afternoon, I learned from Trishanna that Form 5 Music moderation was that same day. I did not get an invitation but no biggie. She told me that she made a lot of mistakes in the piece that she started to learn a few weeks ago. I had helped her with the first section of it but did not meet her to work on it again.

    On the way of getting home, Kiel, Crystal and Jeanice were walking out. I accompanied them to the main road and they wanted a maxi that could hold all of us. There was one maxi that stopped with space for one. A taxi passed but they didn’t pay attention.

    When the second maxi stopped and Crystal and I got in, there was space for only three. She got out and I remained. I couldn’t keep up on that with them or I would remain there or a while. We all met back up in Curepe and crossed the road to get to the terminal side. Still very angered over Miss Roberts and her behaviour.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:58 am – 3:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment