Wednesday, May 1, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #67) – Day #305

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 01 May 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 July 2024)

[T2, W:04 – WD:17, (Td:5)*].

Dear Diary,

    Today was a late start, so Daddy and I slept back. One child was in the maxi with me. On Lockhart Street, Trevor was talking about somebody's wife and complaining. The driver, Edwin, was warning Kendrick about Trevor. And we took off.

    Mr. Jobe was in the office with his father. “Patty” was using my desk. We both were done with it and I left the office first. I left “Jess” hanging out with Mrs. Santana and Aficia. There was a beautiful bouquet on Nia's desk and another was from Mrs. Sawh after the faith and confidence service today. I didn't see Miss in the art room, so I left my purple marker with her student for her to write in the options of the SBA envelopes. There were two more quotes to me this morning.

    I felt sick with my head cool. Ended up taking my time and walked slowly. I miss the times walking in the same pace with Miss Paul in the corridor. How I wish things could have gone nicer. Miss Mustapha had asked me for some help. I was surprised and went to her desk. She wanted me to pick a colour ribbon, either gold or silver, to go around a glass cup for her. Two bouquets were for Miss Sawh. I chose gold to compliment the purple large ribbon and yellow flowers.

    I had a class with 1M. “Jess” was there going through announcements and we got into the quiz. She asked me to correct the paper. There were spelling issues from the students and some of the children had issues with the words and meaning section. The meaning of dragon was the most difficult for some of the students. She kept the children in during recess. I got to the staff room at 11.15.

    After recess, I had to get her down to the music room. Joshua was singing, “When I was Born”. We had a long wait for “Jess” to come to the music room and she tried to teach them more of the song. I went to the art room and no one was there after class. The food came a while after and we had a good laugh on several things. A dolphin was hung in the room. I was hoping for a dolphin and not a shark. They were planning a surprise party for when Miss Shoba was getting married.

    I continued working on the mark book for 2022-2023 until the end of that period. Conflict struck me when I realized that there would be a switch of groups for the form ones in term two. Both groups will have separate marks for separate types of projects and one sheet would not have been suitable. This would mean that term two will have two sheets for the academic year. I had to find another way to re-strategize the idea for the mark book. I feel as if a completely new idea for the book will have to be created from scratch to accommodate this switch effect.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:05 am – 3:51 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment