Monday, May 20, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #70) – Day #318

Date for Entry: (Monday 20 May 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 22 July 2024)

[T2, W:07 – WD:29, (Td:5)*].

Dear Diary,

    Today had a quick start to the day. The school trip was very quick too. I had my breakfast first and then went back to Dr. Allison with my tray of books for 2 AM at the 2nd and 4th periods, along with the stationery I might need for our meeting. She was in assembly this morning when I checked after signing.

    I got all the leaf forms for January 2024 grouped, punched, and stapled, and suited them into their envelopes, and then as I was about to walk up the corridor, I went back since period 3 started at 9:30 AM. Dr. Allison and I got more of the Modern Studies people members and suited them into my Excel document which was made for her. At 2 minutes for period 3, the Principal called me asking for Miss Gittens about someone asking for marks for CSEC. I think it was a curriculum officer.

    I went to the music room, but only Miss Roberts was there with her class. I went to 1M and they had already begun introducing the Mango Song. The children had to write out the lyrics of the Mango Song in their copybooks and were then set into groups. Reba somehow was making the sound of a seal. It reminded me of Mr. Kai from the current 3F.

    Recess went with a breeze. Miss Jones had called me and asked me to meet with her. There were 2M students in there around the speakers in the theatre arts room. She had a request for me to play DNA, the soca song, but it sounded too quick when she played it from YouTube. She said she would play it in the background from YouTube on Tuesday. I learned that she had a short award ceremony for her theatre arts students.

    I had a message with Mr. Gale to get 2L to come down to the music room at the end of recess time. They had to be brought down by myself because no one was coming. “Jess” was very angry at their late arrival. They worked on the first two lines of the College Song and the different steel band arrangements. The room was really hot and the double period was not fast to end. I ended up going to the office, but Dr. Allison had a parent with her in the same room.

    I ended up going back to Block C to finish my journal entry. She eventually came over with January, February and March leave forms and absences summary for the teachers to sign. Mrs Santana and I spoke lightly about the same leaves and absences form. I went back to Dr. Allison with her to the office. It was good to see Mr. Knights coming to get his form signed as well as Mr. Sam.

    Towards the end of school, Susan told me they had to leave early. I told her that they could go ahead without me. Dr. Allison didn't want me to miss my drop. She had to eat something, but I got all the departments in their folders for February of 2024. I went to use the washroom, but “Samaroo” was shocked when he saw me coming into Block C after he had locked up.

    Thankfully, Dr. Jogi was still in his staff room and he had not locked theirs yet. I went to visit Mrs. Solomon in the library before leaving. She showed me the catalogue program that she had on the computer. This was from the Alexandria software she was telling me about. She also shared with me the headings that I needed to do in the borrowing book for the library. I gave her a copy of the library card that I made as a gift. She told me that they are now outdated and no longer in use.

    I went home to the Sunday lunch that Nadara had sent to me. I got some good learning from Big Nick that night. I had made changes four times to the card and had to make it over from scratch again for the fifth time because the paper size was A4. It had to be finished and squeezed down to the letter-sized paper. Thankfully to Jesus, it came smaller than the previous document sent in the librarian's WhatsApp chat.

    I was very sleepy but I went and got the memorial donation card finished. It was beautifully crafted. I think I like this one more than the other one. It came out better than I expected. I will have to wait to see what the others say in the librarian's chat about both donation cards tomorrow. These two were sent at 12:39 AM. I am proud of the work done. If it should be struck down by Dr Hannah again, they will end up with NONE for sure.


** New Title assumed today.

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:50 am – 3:34 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment