Tuesday, May 7, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #68) – Day #309

Date for Entry: (Tuesday 07 May 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 22 July 2024)

[T2, W:05 – WD:21, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    By the time I was able to get myself up this morning, it was 7:28 AM. Daddy and I were in the gallery by 8 o'clock. He told me he had to drop Vena out the road too.

    We then went to Vashni to get the board. I thought it would be best in case Daddy brought the wrong thing and didn't know how to refund it that it would have been better to go and buy it myself. They didn't have shorter treasury tags so I took the shortest one they had. We went into Hilo and I saw Mr. Payne Massey's when we went there. He gave me a wave when I called him. I could not remember his surname at the time so I ended up calling him by first name.

    I got to school in a very cramped maxi. I saw the first set of doubles boys under the tent packing up to leave. The guy next to me in the maxi ended up sweating out and we sweated on each other. The office was quiet for one second. I think I saw Isekel having his lunch. Not sure if Dr. Allison was here.

    “Choo Choo” was shocked when she saw me walking into the staff room and asking them which period we were in. She made a joke saying that she would have to check my inhalation to see what I was doing last night. “Jess” was already in 1M.

    The children had a note on the F major scale and practised rolling the pitches in their tenor pan drawing in their notebooks. We went to 1F and it was Brad's birthday today. We sang the birthday song for him. It was a different kind of song. The majority of it had “we have a birthday today” as the main words in the song. I went to assist with the choir during lunch for graduation and accepted “Jess's” invitation.

    At recess time I went to have brunch and then took my cleaning things to the art room. Recess was over by the time I began. I borrowed a broom and scoop from “Aaron” sitting outside of the woodwork room. Too much dust everywhere. I did two sweeps of the room before wiping down the tables. The two tables for the teacher's tables and storage tables were left unwiped. The air conditioning in the staff room was so good afterwards I was completely wet and drank out all my water in one go.

    I decided to go back and try to get my stuff for Dr. Allison printed. I will have to see how she stores away her absent forms. I got to arrange a ride out with Mrs. Santana this afternoon as she came in to sign for the evening. It was nice to see Dr. Lubian-Baptiste again. Looks like the MMT meeting finished very late.

    I went to 1L. I thought that Jess was in one hour for a roll call but Ms Jones was loud on the children. She messaged me on the phone to my response and had to go to. She wanted me to teach the piano labelling and walk the children through the F major scale and the C major scale.

    I left the compound early with Mrs. Santana and I had Sunday's dinner. Spend the entire night working over a mark book for Miss Kittens. I got John's “A Mother's Love” lead sheet sent by WhatsApp and felt tired of expressing how I did not like the style of music at all. I hope the markbook works well tomorrow and that the music was good for John to use with his students.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:41 am – 3:54 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment