Wednesday, May 8, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #68) – Day #310

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 08 May 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 22 July 2024)

[T2, W:05 – WD:22, (Td:4)*].

Dear Diary,

    I got up late and still got to school earlier than I expected. The road was nice and empty. “Mikai” drove us as I got onto Lockhart Street. No one was in the office and only Mrs. Ramsingh was with me in the staff room. I went to the art room with my cleaning bowl, but the other MTS lady was there already. She said that the floor looked empty. I told Miss that I had cleaned the tables for her yesterday. The bowl was returned to the desk in the office before heading back to Block K.

    I had a class with 2L right at the last moment. We went through the checklist for making the major scale. From period 2, I did not get to use the washroom again. All of the staples were removed. The sheets were gripped into landscape and portrait and then the staples were added. It seems as though the students who were making envelopes for Miss Gittens did not know how to do it properly. I took the envelopes to be drawn up in the staff room. Miss Gittens did not want to leave because she had the children working with her. I offered because the staff room had cool air.

    All of my required materials were brought with me by the 2L students. I had 2 students gather them up and then into the room they go. I felt so exhausted after the heat. Bending my back and standing on my legs was even more tiring in the staff room. I did not end until the start of 7 period. Many of the teachers ended up seeing all the work I ended up having to do but praise God for the coolness.

    The envelopes were sent to the art room afterwards. Janice had probably now come up. She was walking out of Block K. During lunch, “Mr. Lewis” and Joshua were brought into the staff room for them to explain to us why they were fighting. They denied it and said one was running and “Mr Lewis” caught him. I was so busy drawing the lines in the envelopes that I didn't bother to pay much attention.

    I finally got a class. I passed “Kerish” and the others under the tree. I hoped they were not breaking class or up to anything bad. I made it to 2M finally with about 60 minutes to go exact. Mrs. Liebert left when she said that she would go. I had offered her to stay for class if she liked. The class went well. There was enough time to teach the full lesson.

    After school, I sat in the staff room like a zombie on the chair. I had a red drink, a soft drink, long after Dr. Jogi left in the evening after school. Miss Kitten somehow left very early that afternoon too. Not sure if she left a message. I left “Stephen” and Calvin in the art room too. We had a very long wait for Gabby to come before we could leave the compound.

    I decided to sit in the Chinese restaurant with Daddy and write out my journal entry for the day. Somehow today felt like another Tuesday. I have to plan out how I will teach “Yash” tonight. I was shocked to see “Jeff” in the staff room after school too. I took the time to clean down my desk. “Maria” and Susan were still in the staff room writing.

    I went home and began to type up the minutes for the library. Had a nice chat with Clarence before I signed out for the night. He told me that Mrs Sharma would be looking for children's books to purchase online. He seemed happy that I told him that the “Shape of My Heart” transcription was completed and that the arrangement would begin soon.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:52 am – 4:26 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment