Friday, May 17, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #69) – Day #317

Date for Entry: (Friday 17 May 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 22 July 2024)

[T2, W:06 – WD:28, (Td:4)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning Daddy had to knock four times on the window for me to get up. I got ready by 7:17 AM and rushed to school. Last night I had packed the paper puncher in my bag so that I wouldn't forget it. This morning Kiel got in the Maxi. I forgot to sign and went off to Block K. My stuff was all there in Block K already. The table was in a mess because everything was there and I did not have extra room to pack anything. The drawers were filled with stuff belonging to Mr Raymond.

    I was not very impressed with the way Crystal carried on the Pentecostal group. They should have gotten real people to carry on that grouping and send someone to make sure that the students go somewhere. They needed the right attention from someone. “Jess” came in and was busy on the phone. She wanted me to go and get the Form 2 students.

    By accident, I went to 2M but they told me that their class was later. I went to 2L quickly to get the children and have them sent down to the music room. “Jess” was already there and she had me get the students to the back line. However, they did not write down the names of the students in their groups so I drew up a table on the board for them to copy and had the names filled in by the various types of pans.

    At the end of the class, I went to see Miss Gittens in the theatre room. She was working on the first row of letters for a banner that Miss Jones had asked her to make. Miss Mary was there and had asked me to call Miss Gittens. They were in the woodwork room with Mr. Bain. Sue and I decided to go through the unit plan and I took notes while he spoke about it. There was another document that he showed me for lessons within the unit. The second document was too much for me. I don't think I would want to do it.

    The next document he had to show me was the forward and forecast. He needed a strategy for the subject, the specific objectives in the general objectives. I gave him one and he found it acceptable since not much space was on the paper. I got breakfast done at recess and had a quarter of the half water that “Mr. Marlon” gave me.

    Then I went to my tray to pack it up and get down to Dr. Allison to plug in some more numbers. I was also able to get the forms for January sorted, edited and stapled.

    2M had the same lesson as 2L this morning. I had to draw over the table and then we were able to try and figure out the names of children in groups 1 and 2. They did a good job even though it was their first time with the College Song. It took me a while to get back to the staff room as usual. I finished the remainder of the soft drink on my way out. Not many things were brought home.

    I took a 12-inch ruler to do the paper punching of the late and absences forms by Dr. Allison in the Vice Principal's office. She was busy with Ezekiel at the same time. Miss Gittens came and sat in the office while I did this. She understood what I was doing and I shared my three pieces for the APC Library logo and stamp with her. She liked piece 1 which was the drawing of the Bible with APC Library written on it. She said she liked it because everything was contained and not all over the paper. However, she mentioned that piece 3 was suitable because someone who did not know what APC stood for would be able to have the words presented in front of them. She had left with Miss Jones that evening.

    Thankfully all of the leaf forms were punched and placed into their respectable envelopes for each teacher and then those envelopes were sorted into their departmental envelopes. Dr. Allison kept it in her desk and she looked up to leave. I got music copies on my desk for Monday then went to Bloxy for a ride out with “Maria.” Susan was busy typing up a lesson plan on Spanish commands for her form 3 class. She did mention that it was two weeks overdue.

    We had a while to wait so I sat down doing the entry for today. As I was about to create the mark book for Mr. Bain tonight, I forgot to ask him how much coursework he usually did in total for each class. This way I would have been able to understand how to customize the book in terms of plenty of work or a little bit of version for each form group. He did mention that form 3’s was not given to him to teach.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:56 am – 4:38 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment