Wednesday, November 29, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #50) – Day #227

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 29 November 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (December 2023)

[T1, W:13 – D:59, (Td:3)*].

**papers

Dear Diary,

    Got to Valsayn with three Georgians and Deon in the same maxi this morning. The driver was “Musician”. I saw “Ravin” waiting but he ended up in front although he was driving the maxi on Lockheart Street. I met Miss on the way to meet her. She had a nice surprise for me.

    I had one exam with 1F (English Literature) this morning too. Maria was their teacher. ‘Doctor’ was in there early with us because of the bleach smell in the classroom. I kept the bag with all the Form 1 projects with me. She was settling them down. Nigel told me that when the exam was over to close the windows and door when I leave.

    I have out the instructions and then shared the papers to begin the exam. Janessa visited us one time at the later part of the test to leave some exam papers. I gave her the 1L papers to deliver for me. The long wait was tiring. I did not have breakfast or use the washroom for a second time. As soon as the exam was over, I got the windows closed up and then went to give 1M their projects before leaving the building. I went to set the papers on Maria’s desk. My small bag from Mr Bacchu was heavy.

    I returned to my desk to have breakfast. I have three more projects sitting on my desk from students in 1F. I didn’t want to take them. I graded the three of them and they will have to get them by lunchtime. Miss and I were both upset. Different things happened to us separately by different people. She had MMT so I could not inform her of what I had to tell her. I went to get my Form 1 and 2 papers out of the storage room during the second session’s exam time.

    During lunchtime, I got “Cody”, “Max” and “Mr Mohan” to do their practical conducting assessment. I got three Form 1s to do theirs also. Janice hurried me to get the papers. I went to my desk and gave her the Form 1. Deon too was supervising a 1F exam. Miss Roberts had already called to ask about her papers. She was in 2L waiting. I wondered what time she got to school this evening. I gave her the papers.

    I got to 2F and waited. I did not know why everyone was not there yet. Miss met me in the corridor outside the classroom as I called her. She too didn’t know where everyone was. I gave her the 2M batch of papers and showed her the attendance sheet and then the invigilator’s instructions guide. She laughed out before walking off to 2M and said, “All this Drama?”

    Time was running out. I got 2F settled and then the attendance sheet was filled out first before distribution of the papers. During the exam, Afisha came to let me know that she had to supervise a Form 1. I gave her 1L which was the only batch of papers remaining and told her to have them fill the attendance form first before sharing the papers out.

    Deon came back and was confused about the students who could not do music. I had to take a moment to remember there were five of them that could not do it. I told him that he could put them in an area at the back of the class and they could review work for another exam. I forgot to tell him to have them sign the attendance form as they were present in class.

    Once I took my first sit on the teacher’s chair early into the eighth period, I forgot to give the children the St George’s score. I told them to use it when they got to that question and handed it turned upside-down. There were certain penalties to be given by a few. I did not know who the Form 1 exams were going on. I wanted to go over and see if there was anything to clarify in the test.

    Only after the test at the end of school, I had a discussion with Sanjay on the Eb Major scale. He had to leave soon after. Miss Jones and Roberts met me in 2F to return the papers. Seems as though I would be getting to mark all the papers by myself. It would be plenty of work but I was glad I did not have to wait.

    I got the King Wenceslas project submission from “Loui” during the evening when returned to my desk after school. I will have to grade his work when I get home and that will be the last of the projects. However, I got it graded in school so I would get my first class of exams to grade when I got home. “Mr Warner” project will have to settle for the low mark since I cannot access the document emailed to me. I got two exams done in the staffroom when I got there. It was nice and the new red pen I got was writing lovely.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:50 am – 4:21 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment