Thursday, November 16, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #48) – Day #219

Date for Entry: (Thursday 16 November 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 09 December 2023)

[T1, W:11 – D:51, (Td:2)*].

** special performers’ food

Dear Diary,

    Quick rain and a bright sun in the sky this morning. Maxi filled quickly and long wait for the light to change. A lot of traffic bugged the road too. I washed my hands after getting in and then walked Miss Ali into the office. We somehow were matching in colours. She had a nice outfit but the jacket was better. The office got quiet and there was a rush for copies. Only Afisha and I were there.

    I didn’t want to stay in the office much longer because of the noise. I went to the staffroom with projects from students of 1L to grade. I met “Maria” there and Mr Raymond on the couch. Surprisingly, Nicole came walking into the staffroom with new hair. It looked good. She asked me if I was surprised to see her. It was a whole week. I got a few of the projects graded.

    I went to help them move drinks from the café to the library and then the old 1M room, now occupied by Form 5s, was used for food and the old 1L room was used for cake and ice-cream handled by “Choo-Choo” and “Kimmy”. I stayed with Nicole to serve the drinks in the other room. Nicole and Afisha served the food.

    We had concerns about the aesthetic since it was packed in Box Lunch boxes, which were catered for the school by Box Lunch people. Also, the juice ran out too quickly. We had a few people who stopped by. The programme finished too late. Not many of the performers came to get their special food. Many of us helped each other with those.

    As school finished, the OJTS were in the office and the two news ones left early. I stayed helping “ChooChoo” and Waverley clear out the bins for the drinks and I individually sorted out the bottles into their types and brands. They had to get some footballers to clean back up the room. They were paid for with the extra special performers’ food and extra water afterwards.

    In the staffroom, we had some extra cake from the crumbs after. “ChoChoo” said she would have done the same thing when she was small after seeing me sticking my hands in the crumbs. I used my clean left hand and fed her a bit from the scraps in the box. I got a ride from “Maria” to Curepe. The rain came back down heavily and so were my bags too with the food and projects.

    I gave Daddy the food to hold and I held onto the projects in my hands. Praise God there were extra bags in the office. Andrew was sick so he didn’t come with us. We spent a long while looking for my calculator. He said he would get one for me tomorrow. I learned from one of the classes that tomorrow too would be no school since it would be the Principal's Holiday. I hope those children prepare my project for submission next week.

LINK(S):

  • St. George's Achievement Day (2023) - Programme.**

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:58 am – 3:36 pm) 

No comments:

Post a Comment