Friday, November 24, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #49) – Day #224

Date for Entry: (Friday 24 November 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (December 2023)

[T1, W:12 – D:56, (Td:6)*].

**time sig description chart

Dear Diary,

    It was too hard to wake up this morning. I got to Valsayn with one Georgian in the maxi. Didn’t know Isekel was in the back. We spoke and then I went to duty. Ate one pie and then got into my projects like diving into a swimming pool but just with clothes on.

    I did not realise that lunchtime came so quickly. “Ella” came one time and asked to do the make-up test from yesterday. I was a bit shocked and we laughed. “Tika” was supposed to come and do it too since she was sick and had asked for “Ella” to take her to the office. “Mr Simmons” came and he and “Ella” shared my brown table in the ‘waiting area’ of the office. “Mr Hoyte” also came for the make-up test.

    Sanjay and “Freddy” came to do their practical also. Form 1s too came in to drop last-minute projects and I had the forms crazy all over the place. I took Sanjay and “Freddy” outside with my music bookstand to do the conducting assessment. “Yash” came to do the practical conducting too with Nathan but Nathan said Monday. I hope ‘Monday’ will come. I could see that the questions were difficult for “Yash” but he did try hard.

    I went back into the office to see the three students still doing the make-up test. I hope they did not cheat. They finished up their exams and went back to class. As I was about to clean up my desk for the fifth time for the day, Kayley came in to do her make-up exam too. I was concerned that she would be missing her class. I opened the brown table for her and told her it would be better to do it one time.

    “Miss Coker” came to ask a question on the Major scales. She had brought her practice worksheet with her thankfully and I could have gotten to assist. She was able to take the 2M projects with her to return to the others. I went to deliver the other projects that could have been handed back early. The school day was done when I exited Block K. I heard Riley shout to me with his hand up and a big smile, “Sir! Iz ah boss!” Seems like he did well in his Time Signatures and Beaming test.

    “Nicole” and I spoke in front of the auditorium for the bus shuttle. Not a nice story. I went to the other side to help Aleah with some of her questions in the exam paper that she got back. “Miss Noel” and “Freddy” were there listening in. I showed her ‘example’. I also went back through the formula for the Major scale and pitches for the tonic triad.

    “Jenny” showed me her blue bard board flower. It was nice but it was wet and she had to hold it. I offered her to make an envelope for it. She and two others went with me to the office and I made the envelope out of three sheets of paper. Sadly, I did not get a picture for my journal entry. She left to wash her hands and I wrote her name on it before handing the other student to carry it for her.

    As the evening got later, I went to erase the pencil line for the time signature descriptions chart that I made that evening. “Miss Wilson” was having a loud session with her mother by the gate. She said that she had her project for me but left the form in her class. I told her to get the sheet for the submission. I had enough time to erase the chart and send both that and the table back inside. Wondered if she couldn’t find it or if she had left. Soon she came and handed it to me. I told her that I would take care of the insertion for her.

    I went to pack up my bag. Jeanice was stapling the Form 3 Visual Arts exam papers for next week. There was a lady who misplaced her child in the compound. She seemed to be in a rush. As soon as Nigel brought the child to the office, we could hear the parent’s voice walking out of the compound. I went over to the staffroom. Looking forward to my weekend with these projects.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:22 am – 4:32 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment