Monday, November 20, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #49) – Day #220

Date for Entry: (Monday 20 November 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 10 December 2023)

[T1, W:12 – D:52, (Td:2)*].

**Christmas tree

Dear Diary,

    I came to Valsayn with “Chess” in the maxi. The driver was Frank. He was in a hurry today. I saw “Nicole” going up to the staffroom as I was heading into the office. We spoke by Miss Mary and “Alicia” office until the bell for roll call. There was no hall assembly this morning because of upper school examinations. I had a class with 2M this morning. We did the ‘two-four’ conducting exercises.

    During the third and fourth periods, I had 1L. Initially, the Forms would have gotten to the music room but I took them because of no Air-conditioning and the untidy room. They did recorder practice for Exercises 1-2. Each student took turns. They were very excited to play. Many times, I had to ask for the recorder to be placed down on tables. Exercises 3-4 were given to them as homework for the next time that we would focus on recorder practical. There was no Ameer today.

    Recess came quickly. I got to 2F on time with new worksheets. The time signatures and ledger lines exam were given first. With less than forty minutes for time, I didn’t bother with the major scales test. I decided I would give them that test as practice instead.

    2F class was given a short review and run-through of the six conducting exercises. The first three were reviewed, which was given previously, Then I taught them the final three. Ari submitted his Good King Wenceslas project early. He was telling the others that the project was the only reason why he came to school that day. We had a laugh that he gave the class the submission form to sign instead of the other I had for that day.

    Miss Chote had forgotten her duster that I returned at lunch. I gave the photographer student my email to send to the video girl at the Diwali function to send me an email of my performance. As lunchtime continued, I returned to my desk in the office and started grading all of the papers. Donna came later in period seven to print her Form 3 Spanish papers and asked to borrow my scissors. We sat down and stapled a large portion of it together. School ended faster than expected.

    A nice surprise came too. Miss Paul came for a visit to the school. She came to do some business. I was very happy to see her. I walked her out to her car as she was about to leave some long minutes after school. I had done cleaning my desk which loves to get untidy swiftly. I got my bags and went to the staffroom to meet up with “GG”, Mr Raymond, Susan, “Maria” and “Nicole”.

    While waiting in the staffroom, Janessa came to ask me for my double period with 1F tomorrow. Students and teachers said that she was looking for me all day. I didn’t want to at first because I wanted to have the final practical with them. I knew they could do it on their own if they tried so I told her to take the two periods.

    The others were liming and grading Susan’s Form 1s’ Sombreros. I helped them decorate the Christmas tree and then “Maria” added her crochet angels. We back to get Mr Raymond four bars of my staples for his exam papers. If I knew I would have gone over earlier and gone to help him staple them.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:48 am – 5:01 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment