Friday, November 3, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #46) – Day #211

Date for Entry: (Friday 03 November 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 12 November 2023)

[T1, W:09 – D:43, (Td:6)*].

Dear Diary,

    I had a very late start. I got my flu shot at Tacarigua Health Centre on El Dorado Road this morning before coming into Valsayn. I also had a trip to Vashni too for four notebooks and some pens. The maxi driver was “Marcus” smoking outside the air conditioning and then we had a smooth road to drive straight. No Georgians were coming in late like me.

    In the office, Harry, “Tia” and others were busy in the Vice Principal’s office. The microwave was not working so I didn’t bother to eat anything for the day. I went to work on the Form 2 Music Appreciation project. I took the laptop and went to the back of my staffroom and got some work done.

    As soon as I got the laptop turned on and the file opened, I had forgotten that the entire score analysis portion was already typed up. I just had the history research. It was not much work to do. I copied the instructions page from Form 1 Music Appreciation and did the amendments to suit Form 2. When finished, Donna and Shiva came in. Shiva was joking with me about setting the Final exam so early when I asked for the date. Mrs Sawh told me that upper school would usually have exams first and then lower school.

    I went back to the office after Shiva joked again at 12:19. I left reminders with the Forms teachers for Form2 and 1. One girl 1M came to do the test and she got me a nice 39. The two new OJTs sat and chatted by their desk. There was no sign of “Yash” again. I got some new attendance forms printed, cut and placed into my folder for next week. I saved the other twenty in my drawer for next term. Not sure if the term might finish this set too, lol.

    I wanted to type another test but I felt it was better to work on the Finals for Form 1. This was the handwritten version done on legal-sized paper that was recycled from my failed attempt of trying to make prints in the office. I got 45 points worth of questions during the evening after lunch back in the staffroom. Donna, Mrs Brown, Anthony and Javid were there. I shared with them a book that I made and the stories behind it. I will cherish the compliment that Mrs Brown gave me. We also got to see pictures from Renelle’s wedding.

    At the end of school, I continued working on the exam paper. Mr Pierre shared a nice joke with me. He thought said to the children something about three notes but he realised it was about a note tree. Thankfully the children knew what he was talking about. I could see late into the rainy and dark evening that some of the children were in their costumes for the Halloween-themed. Thankfully the rain stopped lightly and we got to go. I sent the Form 2 project to the Google Classroom for the children around 6 PM. The pain from the flu shoot today was gone completely.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:44 am – 4:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment