Friday, November 10, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #47) – Day #216

Date for Entry: (Friday 10 November 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 09 December 2023)

[T1, W:10 – D:48, (Td:5)*].

Dear Diary,

    I got to Valsayn with one Georgian and Abraham sitting in the front. I saw next to the short-haired lady who stopped by the KFC corner each morning. Only Crystal was in the office this morning as I entered and Miss James came in after I signed. Needed to use the washroom. Deon came shortly after too. I had to go to the staffroom to do Bible reading.

    I took a few minutes before the end of the second period to get Genesis 24 done. It was very cold in there for the day. Then the rain came down. I got a bit adventurous with using my umbrella but I waited and then went over to Block K. Miss Harris sent the umbrella back to me with a student and I went to teach 1M semiquavers and beaming. Miss Chote finished long.

    At the end of the session, I remained in the building during recess. The staffroom had another chair praise God. I went through Facebook while waiting. I got to use the washroom and it was amazing inside of there. 2L had a lot of absent students. The same was done with 2M, major scales.

    I had large grand staves drawn up on the board. It looked like they were not studying and some of them got lost. Deane and Miss Marson were kicked out of the class for the rest of the double period. Never thought I would have been cussed up by a student before, lol. I left the children early to recuperate from that long and brain-cramping session. ‘Mr Warner’ too told me that his brain was cramping from all of the writing on the board.

    I walked back to my desk not knowing if “Varry” or “Bernie” would come to visit at lunchtime for another private review session. “Ace came to ask for a copy of the old exam paper but we told him that I could not give him. Printed and stapled the Form 2 King Wenceslas Project for the students who did not get one on their own. I had everything set up on my draw. The Form 1s were given their copies first and then the Form 2s during the eighth period.  

    I remained in the staffroom and Susan joined me soon after. I did not feel like doing anything at all on that Friday evening but I forced it and started drafting the Form 2 final exam by hand. We had a while. I was able to get 45 points worth of questions before departing the campus’ compound.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:50 am – 4:09 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment