Wednesday, March 22, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #24) – Day #106

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 22 March 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 01 April 2023)

[T2, W:12 – D:52*].

**Exam Timetable

Dear Diary,

    I came with two Georgians in the maxi. It was one of the Form 1s that I teach. No one had signed in the OJT book as yet. I met Miss Briggs as she came in and we spoke about the tough work I went through last night. She could not get the exam printed that morning because the office ran out of paper. The clerk had to go down to St. George’s to get them.

    As I sat and ate breakfast, there was no sign of Miss Roberts and the moderator for Form 6s came in early at about fifteen minutes to nine. There was a lot of plenty fire burning in the nearby surroundings again. Sadly, teachers were saying that the firefighters would only come I it was a serious matter. I had to escape being in front of the school because the cough was not going to treat me well. I took my stuff to the library to work on the Form 1 book.

    I spent three hours in the library working, I went to help them staple the Form 1 Visual Arts exam in the art room. I had to leave them because Miss Jones was trying to fix up her Theatre Arts exam and Music exam for the Form 3s. Somehow there was a mix-up in the timetable and they moved the VAPA exams for Form 3s today. I had to take the papers while the Form 6 moderation was going on. It was another music multiple choice exam but some of the students had difficulty understanding the smudged printing.

    During the third session of exams, Miss Gittens asked me to invigilate 1L. I saw Miss Pope in there and waiting for someone to take over because she was sick. I thank God that when I am sick, I could continue just like mommy did and not complain. During that test, ‘Twinkle’ made three scenes. That was the first time getting to us the irregularities part of the examination cover page.

    It took me 3 hours that night to grade and mark the 3F and Form 2 papers. I only did the multiple-choice part in the Form 3 paper and left the other section for miss to do.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:45 am – 3:27 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment