Thursday, March 16, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #23) – Day #102

Date for Entry: (Thursday 16th March 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 18th March 2023)

[T2, W:11 – D:48*].

Dear Diary,

    The fight with the cold and cough wasn’t easy at all. As soon as I got into the office this morning, I got my bag packs and dashed off to 1M. I had the students pack up their bags, got the rest exam distributed and they began. We all needed the rest of the double period to get the entire paper completed. I did a reminder of the topic for their final exam as it was my last class with them and reminded them of the recorder and the continued marking of the Lip-Sing assignment after their exam on Friday 24 March 2023.

    As soon as I came out of 1M and to the door of Block C, I met ‘Varry’ and ‘Perry’ asking about the makeup test that they did not come to do yesterday. I also met ‘Bernie’ and ‘Ace’ coming to the staffroom to get a Library pass signed. I had never signed one before and they were begging me to do it. I sat on the stairs and filled it out for them. I heard an amazed sound from them when they saw me sign my signature.

    Once it was signed, I waited outside their classroom door and we all walked over to the library. Dass and ‘Matty’ came to do the test for fun and extra practice. Both students were done by recess. We had to move out of the library at the start of the fourth period because they were expecting a class. I had broken one of my rulings about never bringing my mark sheet to a classroom. I could remember ‘Perry’ with his concern about failing music and wanted an estimation of what he might get at the end of the term.

    We had a lot of internet trouble. During lunchtime, I was met by Sanjay to do his Lip-Singing assignment. The classroom was very silent for once. I sat there in the class with the other students that created his audience. Jesse did not bring his book. I feel like he will continue to forget and the deadline for my teaching time will cross.

    During the seventh period, I was pushed by Miss Chote to supervise with 2F as I was re-entering my marks into a new mark sheet for the Lip-Sing assignment. I saw Mr Ali colouring a picture and some of them listened to the composition I made on YouTube. The school would have finished a long while and the room was so comfortable that I had only four papers from the Form 1 Rest test this morning to grade out.

    'Mr. Eric’ would have had to come in to let me know when it was time to lock the classroom up. I met Miss Chote again when she spoke about the supervision before leaving. It was interesting. I had a nice chat with ‘Miss Gloria’ as she sat waiting to see the principal. She got to see some of the charts that I had made for them. As I got home, I forgot that today would have marked mommy’s second year of death.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:24 am – 4:42 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment