Thursday, March 2, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #21) – Day #93

 Date for Entry: (Thursday 02nd February 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 04 March 2023)

 [T2, W:9 - D:40*].

Dear Diary,

    Two Georgians are to go down to Valsayn this morning. A new security lady was there and arguing loudly with another man. The ‘Ms. Gloria’ sat on her chair powerless and waiting for it all to finish. I stood in shock at my entrance to the compound but continued walking on.

    I had breakfast during assembly because I had a class with 1M that morning. We had good participation with students and they seemed to enjoy themselves. All the children were out of class going to get dressed. I was glad because it allowed us more time. Now there is a tie for the highest score with 31 marks. One boy did not do his introduction. Sadly, I was busy trying to get the marking done that I forgot to send out the attendance receipt. It was not returned to me. Miss Jones took the class to her room to do a test with them.

    I used the washroom and went to the library at two minutes past eleven for the staff meeting. Miss Chote came and when Miss Solomon and I were talking about the Express Article on the ‘repairs’ a St. Georges. I signed the book and as everyone came rushing in, the Principal had someone start with prayer.

    Only minutes after a sort of announcement, I was kicked out of the meeting by the Principal and sent to supervise a Lower Six POA exam for both periods. It was too long to wait and I did not get the information I wanted to find out. Miss Sookhan walked me over to the classroom across the campus to Block K. It seemed to be a balance sheet question the students were working on. I had to stop them when I realised that we went five minutes through lunchtime.

    The rest of the evening was not easy to go through. I sat on a bench and did some factorization and matrices that I found from a Form 5 mathematics paper. It was fun. Only one factorization question is hard to do. I sat under the hot tent to do some lesson planning. Saw some of the Form 1s that said they would come or help but they walked past me. I could see the issue with forgetfulness. 

After lunch, Miss Roberts met me in the corridor and told me that in the staff meeting, she was asked if I was working with her in the music room. I had a feeling that more went on in that meeting I was ‘not supposed’ to know. Looking forward to a potential meeting on that to get me in trouble if there ever will be one.

Link(s):

  • Email for Staff Meeting (Picture). [Permit Not Granted]

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:40 am – 3:42 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment