Friday, June 28, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #75) – Day #346

Date for Entry: (Friday 28 June 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 25 July 2024)

[T2, W:12 – WD:55, (Td:6)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning the driver in the back was “Sagaboy Andy”. I greeted him and then he got into the maxi. The rain came down as soon as I began to walk on the pavement. Luckily I had my new umbrella put in my hand before exiting the maxi. “Miss Gloria” was waiting by the guard booth. She said that she was waiting for someone to give her a walk across to the building. She had forgotten her umbrella home. I got most of the wet and she was covered.

    As soon as I entered the building to sign, all of the other trainees had already gotten their forms signed since yesterday. It was nice of them to not tell me that. I saw Kiel messaging me bringing in the form and no one said anything in the OJT chat.

    Deon to pass by several times asking for their forms. I ended up standing by the book writing up my journal entry for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. They were all completed. Before doing that I sent a message to Mrs Sawh and told her that I was waiting for the timesheet to be signed as she was coming back to the office.

    Thankfully at 11:39 AM, about 30 minutes after messaging her, she got back to the staff room and she said when she got back she would sign the form. I had to let her know that they wanted the form by noon to carry up to the office. She giggled and said that it was a good thing she came back to the office. I let her use my pen to sign and got the form stamped outside.

    It was nice of her to thank me for the work that I had done. I'm not sure she got a chance to see the files for the individual teachers’ leave and absence forms. I got the form to Deon and he looked it through. Surprisingly by the time I got up the block K, he came and asked about the time for leaving today which I usually leave blank. I explained to him that there was not any problem that had arisen from this. So he understood he left and I went back to leave my bags in the art room.

    I met Janice and Miss Gittens in the old 1M classroom. They were setting up their food area for the guests. I went to get my tray when they asked but the staff room in block K was locked and no one was there to open it. It was now minutes to one that I had ended up having breakfast in the art room before returning.

    By the time I returned to the old 1M classroom, everything was gone and the event was long finished. I sat with Miss and had a good chat. She gave me some good comments. The rest of the teaching staff was in the library along with the guests. I was not sure who the guest speaker was.

    It took Miss and me a long while to finish tallying up all the exam marks in there in the art room and getting those marks into the mark sheet. “Maria” was finished and came in the nic of time as we were both leaving the compound. We ended up leaving the school when everyone else had driven off. No one else was on the compound except for the security guards. I hope that over the weekend the library will be ready and that it will be in good standing as letters for the children are going to be handed out on Sunday.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(9:51 am – : pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment