Thursday, June 27, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #75) – Day #345

Date for Entry: (Thursday 27 June 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 25 July 2024)

[T2, W:12 – WD:54, (Td:5)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning was not easy to come to school. Pain in my eyes burned me and my head was hurting. It was a small challenge to find “Jess”. I ended up looking for her first and then Elissa said she was in the geography room. I had no idea where the geography room was located. It was my first time being in there.

    The choir was gathered for their dress rehearsal there. “Jess” gave me the chair by the piano to play some chords and also some of the fills in the song for the lower voices. She had a hold back for some of those who needed the extra work by the time she gave a recess to the other students. The majority of the choir were females and two male voices were there. I then got to leave afterwards.

    Miss Gittens mentioned a meeting to proceed in the library at 11 am in the corridor. Some of the teachers gave their attention during the meeting while grading their papers. There was a team of people, three persons from a unit called ESBID. I still could not remember what it stood for.

    They wanted to start an ESBID group of people in the school. This team would be teachers and probably deans that worked on issues for children's learning and behavior in individual cases. When children are not improving in learning or behavioural issues, I mentioned that teachers would make up this team along with deans.

    Teachers would now have to make small log entries on both formal and informal consultations with each other. Once the external team is contacted, they will be asked for the written log entries to review the types of implementations taken over the student for their development in the learning environment. They did not mention how they would find a way to fix the problem. It was nice to see Mrs. Sawh as the acting Principal.

    During the meeting and marking, Dr. Allison met me and I cleared some room on the table for her to sit next to me. She checked out her list with the log book for teacher attendance and then wrote in her checks in the form that I made for the school. She stayed with me after the meeting through lunch into the 7th period. We had agreed to meet on Monday because she wasn't coming to the graduation tomorrow. I was not sure that would work out.

    She mentioned this while begging teachers to sign for pending reforms that she had to finish May 2024 because it was under her act. She said that found it best that she finish May 2024 and hand it over to the next person taking over the position. She also mentioned that she would try to hunt down the rest of the teachers to fill up their forms in time for Monday. I had about 6 scripts for 1M music papers to correct again.

    I finished these papers afterwards into the beginning of the 8th period and felt so tired. My eyes felt like they were burning on fire. I didn't see “Jess” again for the remainder of the day. It looked like she left so I ended up putting the papers below her desk in the music room. I'm not sure when she will even get time to go through these papers and see about the misprinting within them.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(9:29 am – 4:43 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment