Thursday, June 6, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #72) – Day #331

Date for Entry: (Thursday 06 June 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 25 July 2024)

[T2, W:09 – WD:40, (Td:4)*].

Dear Diary,

    I had a very difficult time trying to wake up this morning. Daddy had to fit the window a third time. There was only Dr. Allison in the office. She was going to her office with Mr. Charles. The class was already being taken down to the music room.

    “Jess” was chatting with Mr Martin outside of the 2L and took me to meet her down there. They had a review of the G major and F major scales before getting into the college song. She broke the 2 groups into 2 even smaller groups. The class now had 4 ensembles. There were 4 bands in each of the 2 form 2 classes, 2L and 2F. I hope “Jess” will be able to mark all of them.

    The period went by too long. In the end, Jess was telling to me that she had to leave when we had 2L tomorrow. She also mentioned that I had to come to recess to help the children for helping them with their practical work. I wasn't sure why she couldn't wait for lunchtime. I went to have breakfast. Surprisingly the ham and cheese did not get over cold in my bag.

    I met Dr. Allison in the office. She had another loud shout between her and Mrs. Santana. The word “masa” came out. I was then invited in by Dr. Allison. The two of us worked from the fifth period until 12:32 PM. Miss Gittens was not there today and I went back to the staff room. We were informed that the principal was sick for 2 weeks. I ended up writing a journal entry for yesterday and I got outside at 2 AM late.

    “Jess” met me there and we got the children down to the music room. We had to wait in silence for the class to settle down. It was a minute and a half in total we had to stand there for the class to give us our full attention. This class was split up into 4 ensembles again. We started with G major and F major scales and solos.

    Then the background for the fans was worked on. More difficulty was displayed. I had to stay with “Ash” to help him figure out the pattern. Seems as though he was not practising at lunchtime. Then Seth had to come and help him while Ms. worked with the double seconds and I worked with the guitars. The period felt like there was longer work to do. We had to wait because they were taking up class time at the start.

    After school, I went back to Block K. Dr. Allison who gave me the envelopes to enter the leave forms for October 2023. On this night the APC librarians had their first online meeting. It was a training session for the main catalogue and then the membership roster. Many strikes were done to me by Dr. Hannah again. Some were painful but I will see how best I can accommodate the suggestions made.

    She did not understand some of the things I had and was rejecting instead of giving more ideas. I took note of her comments and will look forward to having as many fixtures as possible. There was a rejection of cheap software to replace catalogue cards and subject cards. Boring cards and library cards as well will now have to be used instead of software. The “cost of the book” column in the main catalogue was asked to be removed. I will have to continue working with what was created.

    I had an online chat with Mrs Jaikaran right after about scheduling a Zoom meeting on Zoom. It was easy as she explained how to set up the meeting but I found that doing the Google Meets would be better. It was about 25 minutes to 10 PM so I decided to finish for the night. I had to fight and get up from the couch to make it to the bed again.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:56 am – 3:48 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment