Wednesday, June 5, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #72) – Day #330

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 05 June 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 25 July 2024)

[T2, W:09 – WD39:, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning I couldn't wake up and felt so sick. The ride to get to school was long and not easy at all. The office was empty as usual. I signed in and told Dr. Allison that I would be visiting her after recess. Many of the teachers were there in the staff room. I used the washroom first to blow my nose. The cold was still in effect. Class was about to start so I had to leave the cheese pie for recess.

    “Jess” was already there in the class when I got in. It looked like she was a few minutes late waiting for Susan to finish the roll call. Admin also wanted the teachers to find out their children's ethnicity and age. The class didn't get to do the performances again. Instead, they were placed in their groups and sucked the mangoes twice before the class with 1F.

    The entire music room had to be shifted around. It was very boring to wait. “Mr Hunt” and “Ms Williams-George” were still working on playing the mango song on the tenor pan. “Pablo” wanted to learn the rest so I helped him until it was time to stop. The three performances of mangoes were a bit rushed. A few mistakes were made. “Jess” and I marked the groups with one number for each member. She did the tallying afterwards.

    I met “Stephen” in the corridor and he wanted to borrow a pair of scissors. I told him that I would bring it to the art room. Recess ended up finishing. I took my time eating. I met “Stephen” back in the corridor. I took back the scissors after lending him. In the office, while I was knocking on the Vice Principal's office door, Ezekiel told me that Dr Allison was in a meeting. It was only when Mrs. Santana and “Miss Celia” came back to the staff room at lunchtime, that I realized that there was an M.M.T. meeting on day three.

    All of lunchtime I felt very lazy. I stayed with 1L children in class for “Jess” to come. They were not organized and “Jess” had to find her speakers. It was in the music room. Mrs Libert came to join us in the hall when the security guard came and told us that the air conditioning unit had a trip and could not stay on for long. That was the reason why they had to turn off all the lights in the hall too.

    It was very late into the double period and we did not start as yet. The session finished early and Mrs. Libert went back to the staff room. The children were kept back in the back of the hall opposite the stage when the air conditioning and lights tripped. I saw troublemaker Mr. Christian playing wrestling with another student from his class. There was a long wait. “Mr. Danclair” and I shared a joke about the mangoes before he left for the buses. Miss Gittens had left early too.

    Susan had a nice chat and “Gigi” left early as well. That night I got started on typing the Form 2 art exam but then they doubled the points and the art exam would have finished too quickly. Miss had to see her textbook in school so maybe tomorrow we will get more questions. I got a borrowing card for the APC library updated to edition 4 of the third version. It was after midnight when I was done. I went to bed quickly afterwards. Hopefully tomorrow the paper will be completed.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:11 am – 4:08 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment