Friday, June 21, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #74) – Day #341

Date for Entry: (Friday 21 June 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 25 July 2024)

[T2, W:11 – WD:51, (Td:2)*].

Dear Diary,

    I got to school in a rush. The rain was falling lightly and cleared up fast. Still, no sign of the principal, even though she was supposed to return to school. I sat with Ms. Gittens sorting out the test papers for the day. There was confusion about the theatre arts and the technical drawing exams carded for the evening. I got the journal entries done for Tuesday.

    Right after, there was about two hours before the first exam supervision for the term began. I took the time to write up the borrowing cards for the catalogue cards and subject cards which were brought to work in school. I had about five more to do during lunchtime after the exam. “Jess” didn't have her laptop and I ended up forgetting mine in the gallery when I got home. Thought I had left it in Daddy's car.

    The exam began four minutes after eleven. The students came in late. Mr. Perusa took very long to come back from the toilet. Six other boys wanted to go to the washroom too. Some of the students had a lot of questions for the examination. Thankfully it was short. “Jay” had a good joke about paying me as a bribe for answers in the Form 2 music exam.

    Sometime during lunch after writing up the borrowing cards, I went to the office to adjust the times in the logbook. They were transferred into the timesheet after school. I spent the rest of the evening with Dr. Blanding in sitting numbers for late-term absences in my Excel file. Somehow while waiting to leave, I got very tired. It all went away after eating.

    I tried Fai’s Chinese that evening but the salt was too much. I got all the borrowing cards' ID numbers written in and the titles listed were alphabetically sorted. I was not sure if the others would show up tomorrow, but I will go on and finish things with or without them. I feel happy and confident that tomorrow's completion is coming soon for the library's work. All praises to Jesus for the wisdom, guidance, and assistance in getting this done.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:45 am – 3:29 pm)

Day #340 – (8:38 am – 5:10 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment