Monday, June 24, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #75) – Day #342

Date for Entry: (Monday 24 June 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Thursday 25 July 2024)

[T2, W:12 – WD:51, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    Got up late this morning. I ended up sleeping on my couch. There was a short wait for the maxi to fill and then “Miss Anderson” sat next to me. There were four Georgians in the maxi this morning. As I got into the office, only Aficia was there. There was no principal and no Vice-Principal present on some days. I was surprised to see that Dr. Allison was not there. I remember that she had stepped down from the acting.

    Instead of going to Block C, I went to see if “Jess” was there. She was on the couch going through her phone. We planned to meet at 11 o'clock to write maths again. I met Miss Gittens and Miss Mary outside down the corridor. We had a good chat about the library in my church before going to work. They gave me some good advice.

    I gave Miss a bag of red mangoes that I had as a snack during recess. Miss Jones and I had a good chat too in the Theatre Arts room. There was a suspicious white bone that was fresh and flies were around it in the grassy area outside of her classroom. She said that the safety officer didn't find it concerning to him.

    I went back to Block C's staff room, but “Jess” was not there. I hope she will know how to enter the marks herself. I met her outside of Mr. Bain's class waiting. She's got her test papers to do the tally. We worked on some from 12 and then had to rush over to her choir rehearsal. Mrs. Jaikaran made a joke after seeing me comb my hair and laughing. She was busy laughing as she stood by the door for a long while and forgot that she was going outside. She did not go outside again.

    Soon, Miss came back and she got the test papers sorted. Miss Jones was a bit late. I got the 1F class divided into theatre on the right and visual arts on the left. This was 1F's exam in the afternoon. The theatre arts students didn't know how GAIT was defined and there were problems with three performance techniques based on mind, body, and voice. The students were dismissed at 2 PM from the examination room. Riley wasn't feeling so good.

    I waited for the art students to finish their exams. I took early submissions at 2:15 PM and gradually the students left. Brad seemed very confused here and there. I met Miss Jones in 1L to return her theatre arts papers. All of one of them had already left.

    As I was about to rest the art papers from Miss Gittin's inbox, she called me out from by the bench. Miss Jones was there too and we had a good conversation. I gave Miss Gittens the papers and went to Block C. She gave me the papers to mark the Egyptian pictures part of the exam. I marked that section for all the Form 1 papers in less than six minutes.

    Soon, Auntie Vanjie called me to confirm that she was outside. We were going to Trincity for lunch but ended up going to churches instead. There were a lot of workers inside. There were plenty of young people in the back. We got Auntie Ruth to finally come for a short line there since they don't come out. We ended up playing five rounds of Rumi while the rain came down strong in several showers. I ended up winning three of the five rounds.

    Because I did not have my gate key with me, I had to walk in. Daddy called me and said that the rain was going to be very heavy tomorrow. He said that he would have to wait if the pouring was too heavy and then come up.

    I do not feel like going to school at all tomorrow but I need to be there to assist Mrs. Allen Brown with the school uniform policy that she had requested me to create. She said that usually, this is the section in the student's manual that parents and students forget. I hope that “Jess” can get work completed tomorrow. She has a lot to do and has not been working as she should.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:46 am – 3:29 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment