Wednesday, October 25, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #45) – Day #204

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 25 October 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 04 November 2023)

[T1, W:08 – D:5, (Td:5)*].

Dear Diary,

    Had to go back toilet this morning. Got to school late with one Georgian in the maxi. Miss Solomon used my desk and Miss Roberts drove in front of me. Went to the music room and too many Form 6 students were all over that place. The state of the ‘music room’ was awful and untidy. I took my bags and left immediately. I forgot that there was RI that morning. I limmed with Miss Mary and Miss Gittens outside the woodwork room until the second period.

    I went to get my note tree copies for 1M whenever the time was right for the lesson on Semiquavers. I decided it would be better to do Time Signatures instead. I know they will have to work with them in the semiquaver lesson in their red book. Before the lesson with 1M commenced, I reviewed stem directions with the students. The first four on each of the three staves were completed.

    The time was short. Not sure when I will be able to do “All Through the Night” on the recorder. I had mentioned a test in the next class. “Riba” is supposed to email me the notes from the board. Did not have my phone today. I made copies of the same worksheet and had it sent over to 2L. I tried making copies on my own and ended up doing 100 instead of 25. Thankfully Miss Ali was able to stop the machine quickly.

    2L was noisy. I had forgotten what F# on the recorder was. Instead, it would have been better if they had done the research and found out. I think it might help them with memory. We did the first three exercises on the conducting worksheet for Term 1. There were four breakout groups and each one was picked up. One was done with me and the other two were by the group of students alone.

    During lunchtime, Svara got permission from Miss Roberts to do the make-up exam. She had choir rehearsal that same lunchtime. Again “Yash” did not come to see me at lunchtime. I was wondering how to finish the Form 2 music appreciation project. Janessa came by to rest her stuff on my desk again. I remained in Curepe from 4 to 7 and decided to travel and walk home. Showered and changed before Dad and Andrew came up.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:15 am – 3:15 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment