Thursday, October 5, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #42) – Day #191

Date for Entry: (Thursday 05 September 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (September 2023)

[T1, W:05 – D:23, (Td:4)*].

** Teachers' Day gift

Dear Diary,

    I had a surprising star today. “Mike” was the maxi driver again. He was super-fast on the road. I had to hold on a lot during the trip to Valsayn. Miss Gittens met me in the art room. She told me that it was Teachers’ Day. Miss Mary met us and we had a very good lengthy conversation that morning before assembly finished.

    I went to the music room. Very noisy. I taught the crotchet and minim tree to 2L and they had to create it on blank paper for homework. Exercise 3 was given to them for homework. I locked up the music room and went to the staff room until recess was over. There was a strange smell in there. Went outside quickly because of a headache. I went out by the dark hall on the side of the corridor. Dark rain clouds began to flood the sky.

    I had my scrap notebook with me to design and construct the time signatures exam for my Form 2s. It took the full fifth and sixth periods to do so and also two minutes into lunchtime. However, there was a stop to chat with “Miranda” when she asked me to do the invitations for the George’s Awards. I told her, “Okay, sure. If I can do it well, I can try.” We spoke about the interview and then she left. Some students left a gift for her and I was asked to take the picture.

    During lunchtime, a girl from 1L came to do the make-up test. I thought “Yash” was going to come. Instead, other Form 1 students came and asked if I could pen the music room. Once I heard the question, I did not want to go all the way out to the guard. It was raining. I took them to the door and had them wait to get it open from the back. The back was locked. Had to go and get the keys from the guards to open. I decided to leave the room open for later instead.

    Returning to the office, I graded the paper before the girl could return and she did very well by passing the exam under my particular standard. The rest of lunchtime went by. I had 2M. I got my bag and went up to the music room. A lot of talking happened throughout this class. I had to shout at them for the first time. I did not like it but it was becoming unbearable. I gave them the last exercise in the book to do for homework.

    At the end of class, I looked in front of the coffin box and the keyboard was not returned. I  did not bother to get angry. I walked at my own pace. When I entered the library and walked up to Miss Solomon’s desk, I asked if she knew where the students who brought the keyboard were still here. I took up the keyboard and told her that I would take it myself. When I rested on the desks in the music room, I didn’t want to answer my phone. I still answered and it was Aunty Vangy. She told me that she came to pick me up but I  told her that I had to fix up and then pack my bags. She said okay.

    A student met me halfway in the corridor with the keyboard stand. I had to walk back to the music room after dropping the stand and setting the keyboard back because I had forgotten to lock the room. It took me some time to pack and then use the washroom and then I went to tell Miss Gittens and Susan that I was leaving early. Aunty and I stopped off at Trinity first. We then went to FCMC and I met Miss Ramsarran there. We had a stop at Price Mart and then to Massy’s before getting home at 7:30 in the evening.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:19 am – 3:10 pm)

Yesterday: (7:49 am – 3:22 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment