Tuesday, October 3, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #42) – Day #189

Date for Entry: (Tuesday 03 October 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (September 2023)

[T1, W:05 – D:21, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning, the taxi driver was disgusting in his behaviour about my whiteboard. Very loud with me in front of the rest of the passengers. He made me sit but the door in the front. Praise to God that I can counter compromise. I released a loud shouting prayer as I walked my way into the compound. I came to Valsayn today with just a few minutes to go before assembly. Signed and went to the music room which was closed.

    I gave “Aaron” the mini whiteboard to keep in the room for when the supervisor and Miss Mary returned to take to their office area. As I was walking out to the guard booth Miss Robert called me and said that the Form 3s would be coming to the music room so that I should have my Form 1 class in class that morning. I turned around and decided to go down to Block K.

    I met Miss Mary in the corridor with Miss “Alicia” about leaving my mini whiteboard from home. She said that she saw it when I came with it earlier. I went to 2L to meet Miss Gittens before the roll call. I was telling her about my suggestions for staff meetings during the fourth and fifth periods. She agreed to do my first of two clinical supervisions that same morning with 1M. I told her that 1L this afternoon would be having a test but she said that she had to leave early.

    As soon as class attendance that morning was done, we walked over to wait outside of 1M. Miss Liba was still taking attendance. The class was fun. We had a review of the previous topics before the “How Do You Do” game. Everyone was able to participate and the last two difficult ones were the more fun ones for them. They had the note copied and after some time the in-class exercise was corrected. I was glad to see that the students understood it.

    As Miss Gittens and I finished class, I had 1F. They were already out of their classroom and headed down to the music room. A boy was helping me to take their red books but he thought my desk was in the music room. I took it from him halfway so he wouldn’t miss class. I did a review and they were not able to answer. I hope this is not going to be a trouble-making class as 2F. Shouting was required in the latter half. I have them the homework and reminder of the test next class.

    I began to grade the work done in their red books thus far but took the second half to the library during recess to not be late for the monthly staff meeting. I graded out the rest while holding Miss Gittens’s seat for her to go get breakfast. I carried my breakfast to the library too. I was able to correct out all the books from the class and then had my first pie while waiting for the meeting to start.

    We had an opening prayer. There was a speech from the Principal about “DD” on vacation and not sure if she might be back. We spoke about in-class assembly on days when there was RI. Issues with Wi-Fi and no idea when it will be fixed. We heard that tomorrow would be Parents’ Day for upper school students doing exams and no shuttle services would be there tomorrow. (No sign of Miss Chote there too.) We were told that with the Bomb scare, only up to one hundred emails could have been sent out per hour. Long talk after some of us fell asleep and discussed students’ achievements.

    The meeting concluded at 1:08 p.m. An hour was given to the teachers for lunch. I went to the office to get water. I remembered Mr “Marlon” made a joke about me eating my pie in the library while he sipped his Coca-Cola. I waited with my bag for the seventh period to begin and then went off to Block K to 1L.

    The class was not supervised. We had about 33 minutes for school time and that same time for the first test. Praise God it was enough time for the children to finish the entire paper. I was hoping that all of the students were there. Not sure how many persons there were to be in class. Miss Laurance came to take a roll during the test. I was very pleased with most of the answers I saw in their responses. 1F was too noisy in the other classroom. I heard something bounce on the cardboard.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:50 am – 3:35 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment