Thursday, October 19, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #44) – Day #200

Date for Entry: (Thursday 19 October 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 04 November 2023)

[T1, W:07 – D:32, (Td:1)*].

Dear Diary,

    Came to Valsayn with Kiel in the maxi. I was in the back. I ate my first pie and went up to the music room. The children took too long to come over. Cleaning up the classroom, Miss Roberts came walking in. She would not say thank you even when her students messed it up. She wanted to know the key to a piece called “Struttin' at the Waldorf” and asked for my opinion. It was very chromatic looking. I suggested that it could have been either a mode or atonal as my best response.

    This was 1F. They too had a repeat of the class from 1M yesterday. Some of them struggled in the instruments part of the exam and figuring out the pitches. Their test papers too were returned. I had to give a very serious warning about cheating and told them that the marks on the cheaters’ papers were also lies.

    During recess, ‘Varry’ and ‘Burnie’ met me in the corridor. They wanted to get the worksheets for the note tree credit assignments. I walked them down to my desk in the office and handed them the worksheets. I took my double period off before having 2F in the evening. I was not sure if ‘Yash’ was coming for a music session today. With no sign of him, I went to the staffroom and waited a while. They had football and I gave them some time to finish.

    I entered 2F at 1:30 PM. I had two irregularities. It hurt me a lot to see that there were 13 cheaters. I awaited their papers for when I got home to see the horror. After leaving the classroom, it made me fall to dump those papers in the bin. The test was compromised by one student.

    That evening I got a ride from Mrs Santana since “Maria” wasn’t there that day. After grading those papers at 9:30 PM, there was a lot of anger. Didn’t know if to pretend that this was a practice test. 2M students were already messaging to see if there would be a test for tomorrow because they had RI. The idea in my head was to use this compromised task as a practice for the real one. I would just have to go and make over another.

Link(s):

  • “Struttin' at the Waldorf” – Trinity Piano (Grade 7, 2015-1017)


Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:50 am – 2:51 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment