Friday, October 20, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #44) – Day #201

Date for Entry: (Friday 20 October 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 04 November 2023)

[T1, W:07 – D:33, (Td:2)*].

Dear Diary,

    I came with a tall Georgian today. It was a new driver too. I signed up and walked up to the music room to ding “Drummer Girl” making so much noise. ‘Doctor’ was in the corridor with Javid. I got the exam papers that I had to return that morning. She was talking to ‘Tia’ after on my way back. They were greeted and I went to get up for class.

    For the second period, I had 1L. They were given the note components and stem directions. Another student had to get their exam paper. I walked “Corey” to the office and then handed it to him. He allowed me to get pictures of the notes for the dean to send an absent child. I sat in the staffroom but recess was over too soon. I hope that “Corey” will visit me at lunchtime as I’ve offered to go over pitches on the treble staff.

    I had 2F right after recess. Some of the children did not know to come over. They were accustomed to having classes in their homeroom for the past few sessions. I sent ‘Ace’ and ‘Burnie’ back to get the rest of them. We had more waiting because they were slow. Some of the students were coming in later. I decided to go into the ledger lines session. After eight weeks, but seven weeks of teaching, I found that it was time to move on from the hard topics. We finished two minutes into lunch.

    I went to the office and saw ‘Yash’ come in. He didn’t do his homework again. The office was too busy. I finally for copies from the office of the note conversation worksheet for the Form 1s. As soon as ‘Yash’ session was over, it was 1:15 PM and I sent him off to class. I went over to 1L and handed out the worksheets. ‘Corey’ told me that he forgot to come over.

    Dr Blandin was now the Acting Vice Principal. Today was her first time in office. After school, we spoke about a punctuality and regularity form that I made to help take attendance. I went over to the staffroom during the seventh and eighth periods to work on creating the second-time signatures exam that had to do. I sat with Donna and Mrs Noons-Charles at the table in the back.

    I packed up while everyone left and went back to the staffroom. I got back to the staffroom and worked to get about thirty points worth of questions. Going up in the car ‘Maria’ and I sang songs from Enya and offered me a copy of her songs if I brought a flash drive. It took me all weekend to finish typing the exam. There was no time given to type any of my journal entries for the whole week.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:43 am – 4:19 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment