Monday, October 16, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #44) – Day #197

Date for Entry: (Monday 16 October 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 04 November 2023)

[T1, W:07 – D:29, (Td:4)*].

Dear Diary,

    Came with one Georgian student. Full office this morning too. Feeling sic gain but I chose to ignore it. I went to wait for 2L. Assembly stole my time again. I saw Miss Gittens after she told me the class was free to go teach them.

    After greeting the children, I handed out the conducting worksheet and gave a small piece of masking tape to the students. Three pieces were given to each student to stick on the left side for proper page turning. The solfege and beat divisions were written on the board to their notebooks and then the conducting exercises began. Arella a signed for different persons. Each one had to sign over attendance.

    The group working with the class was not successful. It was noisy but each group was able to compete individually working with me. Only time will tell if they truly took the time to practice. The third period came too soon. I went to try and fix the Form 2 English A exams that Mrs Santana sent to me in the ‘Spec’ room. But the noise was too much. It was better to do it at home.

    I decided to go and get lunch out of the way. At lunchtime, “Yash” came for music class. I went through dotted notes and rested first. Wasn’t sure what to do at all with topics but there was a need to squish the topics because of the time coming up to the test. He was also not doing his homework so that took up more time.

    After lunch, 2M was not settled in the evening. We tried to do the three-beat conducting. They were a bit confused with the difference between two and three. We filled in the solfege syllables and counting pattern. We also reviewed the first verse of the St. George’s College song. I underlined certain words where the emphasis should be placed. Seth was in trouble again. Today I felt defeated again. I sat in the office and felt like quitting.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:41 am – 4:01 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment