Monday, October 23, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #45) – Day #202

Date for Entry: (Monday 23 October 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 04 November 2023)

[T1, W:08 – D:34, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning was tough to wake up. Got to school on time. It was nice that “Arthur” was the driver this morning. Ride #6. None was in the office as yet. Mr Pierre and I had the same colours today also. As he walked into the office he stopped and checked what he was wearing and then he told me we were matching as I usually tell him.

    As soon as my pie was finished, I went up to Block K to give Miss Gittens and copy from Miss Roberts. I also gave her a copy of the Music Appreciation project for the Form 1s. She was sweeping up the classroom before the students came in. I held the scoop for her to send the dust in. When she was done and the children came in, I went over to wait for roll call for 1M to complete with Miss Leiba. She came out and allowed me to take over.

    As soon as I entered the classroom, the students were very vocal about the homework which was to transcribe the listening exercise. A lot of them did not know what to do. When I took a look around some of the homework attempts were impressively accurate. I told them that it was alright if they did not get through because it was only an experiment.

    I drew four staves on the board, revised the notes from semibreve to quaver with value and got into correcting that transcription homework. The children understood what to do after the first of four was corrected. We moved on immediately to the other three. We went on components of notes. The full note was given. The worksheet to go with it was given after the long note.

    I ran off to 1F in the classroom opposite and delivered the same lesson. I was glad that more questions were coming from the transcription exercise. They were less to handle with noise today. Nicely their notes were done faster. I was glad to have a seat sometime and hand out the same worksheet to the students while they write. I was scared when I couldn’t find my phone. Went back to 1M when Mrs Noon-Charles had her class and it was not there. I ended up finding it back in 1F under all of my books on the teacher’s desk.

    At recess, I sat by my desk and plans were being arranged to have school closed early at 11 AM. I knew that my class with 1L this evening during the seventh and eighth periods would be stolen because of this but I believe that they were in good standing and no harm would come. I sat there in the cold office from the rain and wondered how Mrs Neaves’ funeral was going. Plenty of dark thunderous clouds bust noise into the sky. I got Isekel to help me print the Form 1s and Form 2s exams for this week.

    While stapling some later that evening, “Maria” came to let me know that they were ready to go in the car. I pushed the papers into my drawer threw everything I had to carry home with me neatly into my books bag and walked out with her to the parking lot.

    Some of my coloured Form 1 folders were used to separate the documents. I was grateful that the books in my bookbag did not get soaked when I got home. Didn’t like how Isekel had to be kept back in the office. All of those teachers rushed out of the compound immediately. That was amazing.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:47 am – 1:41 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment