Friday, June 16, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #34) – Day #154

 Date for Entry: (Friday 16 June 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Friday 30 June 2023)

[T3, W:09 – D:42*, (Td:01)*].

Dear Diary,

    I sat in the front seat of the maxi and we drove off immediately. There were two Georgians in the back that walked in with me. The driver was “Christian”. I met Mr Marlon in the office and then an issue with exam student accommodation early in the morning occurred. I got Crystal to help me print out copies of music for today’s Father’s Day lunchtime function.

    I did not have breakfast until after class. I went to the music room and waited. The students took longer to get to the music room because it had religious education for the first period that morning. I did not even have the entire second period too because ‘Tia’ came and interrupted the session for five long minutes to talk. I had less than thirty minutes to complete the homework. Seth was the first to come in that morning and he got to hear me practising part of the “Thank You For Being My Dad.”

    As soon as the students left and the others were coming, I met up with Saskia and she asked IF Miss Roberts was there. She said it would have been nicer if Miss Roberts gave me the topic to teach them instead. When I asked why, it was a nice compliment.

    I returned to the office and helped Donna with stapling some of her Spanish exam papers. We went to the staffroom to do that. I took the time to sightread my music. I didn’t even get the time to practice the music well for the next few hours to come. I got help from Mrs Sawh to get help from a prefect to supervise the exam.

    Some minutes just before lunch in the fifth period I got ‘Reuben’ to help me carry the pan stand and a book stand. We carried it into the library and got it set up. Miss Jones and I met a second time after meeting during recess time about setting up the laptop to her speakers. I had a test run of the song from the Musescore file and it was fine. At 12:30 I met the prefect (Sajid) outside f the music room and told him that in case one shows up by 12:40 that he can leave for the rest of his lunch.

    I returned to the library while everyone was waiting. My performance went last and Miss Jones had described it as the grand final performance. It was very nice of her to share the progress of working on the steelpan arrangement. There were several mistakes made throughout the piece but I continued as if it was a UWI jury. It made me realise too how long I did not play music.

    I returned the book stand and everything myself after the function. I was free and did not see Miss Panchu in the Block K staffroom when trying to visit her. I waited a long while after school fixing up last-minute attendance that I did not do. Luckily, Mrs Santana did not leave school and she took me to Curepe. AB and the big ‘Buss’. We spoke again about some more of the songs for the farewell function for Mrs Rogers-Small.

Link(s):

  • “Thank You For Being My Dad” – Perf. Recording.**

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:39 am – 3:22 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment