Friday, June 9, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #33) – Day #149

 Date for Entry: (Friday 9 June 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 18 June 2023)

[T3, W:08 – D:37*, (Td:02)*].

Dear Diary,

    No Georgians were in the maxi with me this morning. Went to the music room. Miss Roberts entered at 8:08 while the lower school was in their Religious Education sessions. She slammed the fifth and sixth periods to do her 3M class on me.

    Religious Education took the first period for the morning and the students had to be hurried over to the music room. 1L came and I corrected the Major scales homework with them and then taught Key signatures. They will have to get the note of the key signature to transfer into their notebook from the Google Classroom.

    After recess, 3M came to me. I went through the notes that they were supposed to copy. Not sure if I took a picture of the notes from the board. Miss Roberts came back with ‘Tia’ from somewhere in the middle of the sixth period and did not want to teach her practical work. The students informed me that they were supposed to start steelpan practical work. I did work on the seven major scales that I did with the Form 2s (C, G, D, A, F, Bb, Eb).

    I had a lunch meeting with Miss Jones to share my musical arrangement for “Thank You For Being My Dad.” Se loved the music. I was then told that the dancer could not perform again. We spoke about the possibilities of playing two solo steelpan pieces, one with the arrangement and one with the YouTube music. Mr Warner came for the Grand Staff exam that he missed while doing his detention time in the office.

    The same thing was done with 1F later that evening. They woo will have to transfer the key signature notes in their book. I did the same Grand Staff exam with 1F and graded them as soon as I got home. The highest mark was 69 out of 70. Mrs Santana and I spoke on our way out to Curepe.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:39 am – 3:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment