Tuesday, June 6, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #33) – Day #147

Date for Entry: (Tuesday 6 June 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 18 June 2023)

[T3, W:08 – D:35*, (Td:06)*].

**Staff Meeting Email

Dear Diary,

    Today ‘Kendrick’ was the maxi driver again. I took a back seat this time. There were three Georgian students with me walked into the campus. ‘Megan’ met me out on the road and she said that she would have liked to get a copy of the “Mr Ali textbook” that I made for her colleagues yesterday. She gave me some money for the printing and binding and I got it seen about later that evening.

    I met Miss Jones when I had to walk out to the gate to get security to open up for me. I was asl able to greet Brother Ian on his way to Religious Education.

    There was still no one in the office. I helped Miss Gittens with labelling some folders for the children for her church’s Sunday school at my desk. Another nice chat with Mrs Santana took place when I gave her the lead sheet copy from yesterday. I shared my lesson plan book with her and showed her my arrangement of topics for the academic year and she was very impressed.

    During the second period, I was able to finish the introduction. I was glad that the rhythm I heard in my head was notable in a way that was not difficult for me and able to work with whatever I came up with for the guitar and cello instruments. I was back at my desk before recess was over to go to the music room because 2F was coming. They came late to the music room and made a bunch of noise.

    After recess was the staff meeting for the beginning of the month. It did not take long to go through. I sat with Miss Gittens and Miss Mustapha. Some of the things that were discussed:

  • July 04, Tuesday: Submission of Marks.
  • July 05 Wednesday: Graduation Ceremony: “My life, My dreams, My goals.”
  • July 06 Thursday: Registration for Form 1.
  • July 09 Sunday: Graduation Dance.

    Walked back to a room with Miss. We spoke about the thesis from UWI and about  Sunday school. She did mention how the other two ladies and she were really tired as I began to speak about falling asleep yesterday evening. When it was the seventh period, Miss Roberts asked in the office to come and meet her. The printer was talking with some pauses. I waited for the printing to complete. They were sent to the library for binding after school. The meeting did not have much I did not know about which was to do key signatures and intervals after the major scales lesson.

    I travelled to Curepe alone to meet Daddy today. Worked a bit more on the “Thank You For Being My Dad” and completed it. The same pattern from the introduction was used (ostinato) throughout the entire piece. However, because of the mixed-use of the same chords, I had a lot of pitch fixing in each measure. This took me three hours. I had to leave the bassline for some time tomorrow in school or at night. I did not know what to do with it. A PDF of the lead sheet was WhatsApp to Miss Jones.


Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:50 am – 3:07 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment