Thursday, June 15, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #34) – Day #153

Date for Entry: (Thursday 15 June 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Monday 19 June 2023)

[T3, W:09 – D:41*, (Td:06)*].

Dear Diary,

    I came to the campus with Sadie and Zaheer in the maxi. The driver was ‘Marco’. I met Mrs Santana in the office again after a chat. She went to try and get the 30th of June for Mrs Roger-Small’s retirement function. I gave Miss Daniels a list of names of students that missed the test. Mr Marlon then came in singing to sign and then he left.

    I went to the staffroom breeze until 2F would come for class in the third and fourth periods. Miss Roberts did not show up to school again. Only her car was in the yard. I went through all the seven major scales (G, D, A, F, Bb, Eb) and immediately into key signatures. I taught them my secret. I also taught them the secret of the tenor pan using the notes as tonics to the major scale.

    I met Miss Gittens at recess in the office. We walked up to the concrete bench and sat outside. The Form 4s had exams going on so we could not enter the room. I helped her with designing Bristol Board ties for the Sunday schoolers to make their Father’s Day cards (at MTC). It was only at the beginning of the seventh period we saw Miss Roberts and ‘Tia’ pulled into the compound. She came to us with a load of paper to say that she put some on my desk to staple and walked off.

    Miss Gittens’ 1F students came over for class outside in the corridor. The Form 4 exam was a full-day kind of exam. By the middle of the eighth period, I was sitting with Sanjay when he asked me to make a worksheet for him to get the extra practice. I told him that I realised that I had been sitting on that same bench since recess and did not get up once. I gave him two dollars to make a copy of it and to rest it on my desk.

    After school, I waited with Miss Gittens and Miss Lieba for the shuttle duty and went to staple out the Form 1 exam papers that Miss Roberts had rested on my desk. I got all of them finished and packed away in time for practice.

    Today’s participants were me, Mrs Santana, Mrs Greenaway, Miss Lieba, Miss St. Louis and Miss Gittens. We used the lead sheet that I made and tried singing from the steelpan arrangement that I did. The practice was adjourned until next Wednesday after Shuttle duty. Came to Curepe with Mrs Santana and got home after six when Aunty Annmarie called for Bible Study. I ended up calling forty minutes past six for class and afterwards, there was the second episode of Project Runway 20.

Link(s):

  • Form 3 Notes - Major Scales. [Request by Email.]

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:50 am – 4:47 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment