Friday, June 2, 2023

St. George’s College (Week #32) – Day #145

Date for Entry: (Friday 02 June 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (June 2023)

[T3, W:07 – D:33*, (Td:04)*].

**Sunday School Sign

Dear Diary,

    Two Georgians came with me in the maxi this morning. I walked in with Kiel behind them. We spoke a while getting into the compound. As we spoke about how the term was shaping up, including the meeting that Miss Roberts was in a hurry to set on Wednesday for today, we saw the red car parked up in the car parking area. We had a good laugh about that. I did tell him about the meeting that was supposed to happen today and he seemed surprised.

    Getting into the office there was a meeting between 1M Form teachers and a parent. That entire morning, I did not feel to eat anything. Daddy left hops and butter wrapped in foil for me. I also did not feel to be in the office at all. I took my bags and went to the staffroom. I spent some time trying to figure out a piece of writing I had found at midnight last night before falling asleep.

    Block K’s air-conditioning was not working so everyone was either in Block S’s staffroom or in the conference room. Mrs Santana spoke with me for a while and she did her work on the laptop. I had to go to the office for another bag I left behind. There was a very emotional hurt I endured before returning to the staffroom. There was another by the time of recess as I proceeded to read Psalm 35. Breathing slowly could not help so I played “Worthy is the Lamb” again from some weeks ago. It calmed me and I went up to meet Miss Gittens. We both walked down to the office.

    ‘Doctor’ was in the waiting area speaking with Miss Chote. She took Miss Gittens and me to the office and we waited a while. Eventually, Jeanice came, Miss Chote joined us and we had to wait for Miss Roberts. ‘Doctor’ had a lot of really nice music playing. Jeanine and Miss Briggs sat by the window away from the air-conditioning. The meeting went very well. Thanks to God for that.

    For the lunchtime period, I helped Miss Gittens with a sign for her Sunday School branch in Port-of-Spain. When the bell went, I had to go teach 1L. They were sent back to their form class because the listening exam for Form 5s was in session. The class was too noisy. My eyes began to burn after school. Miss Gittens after the shuttle when the four of us teachers limed in the staffroom, Miss Gittens and I coloured the words for the Sunday School sign. I worked on the tree but we didn’t have many colours to work with colour pencils.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:53 am – 4:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment