Monday, January 30, 2023

St. George’s College (WEEK 17) – Day #72

Date for Entry: (Monday 30th January 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 05th February 2023)

[T2, W:5 – D:19*].

Dear Diary,

    I had a really nice maxi driver today and he had good music going down the road. I knew it was his personal selection because I saw the flashdrive plugged into the radio and blinking to the pulse of the music. As I got to the office, I remembered Kiel asked me to draw in the lines in the OJT Logbook. I got my yardstick from the art room and sat outside with Miss Gittens chatting about all kinds of things. The assembly went longer today.

    I had to go and prepare for my first two periods today. It was Day one today and since Miss Roberts was absent again, I had periods 3-4 with 2M and periods 5-6 with 3F. The form 2 class was supervision. No work was done with them.

    As soon as I got to 3F, I did not know what to teach them. I asked the student a question I know would have been very weird which was to go through their books and find a topic that was very was either troubling or confusing to them. After one long minute, a girl showed me melodic and harmonic intervals.

    Teaching this group was wonderful. I did make two big mistakes as I was teaching it from the top of my head. I guess that made the difference between Miss Roberts and myself. I preferred to have my lesson planned out and accompanied by in-class exercises to follow immediately. Most of the questions came from the red Eric Taylor (Grade 1) book that I carried with m just in case I might need it and the same handbook that I had made for the Form 1 student. The rest was left for homework.

    During lunchtime, I was met by two students to do the make-up test. Sadly, I found the girl cheating on her cell phone and that was something I had to deal with separately when I got to the office. The last of the three students came late and he had some trouble with pitches on the treble staff.

    As soon as I was finished, lunchtime was over. I went to the Block C staffroom t meet Miss St Louis. She had some music hymnals and score sheets to share with me. I was shown the lyrics to “As We Gather round the Altar” lyrics because she said that it was the same hymn melody, they took to sing the words of TTUTA’s anthem. Had a nice everything singing melodies with fixed Doh and Miss Patel and a good time listening.

Link(s):

  • Image from 3F Intervals Lesson. ** (Images Lost)

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:40 am – 3:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment