Friday, January 20, 2023

St. George’s College (WEEK 15) – Day #66

Date for Entry: (Friday 20th January 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 22nd January 2023)

[T2, W:3 – D:13*].

Dear Diary,

    Today was another late day. I had missed getting to see 1L use the posters for their morning assembly in front of the school in the hall. I sat in the office and had a very nice chat with Mrs Santana about some of the charts and textbooks I made for the Form 1s.

    This morning I had 1M after the religious sessions took away my first period. I had to rush down the review of pages eight and nine in the textbook that I made for the students. It would be their required studies for the exam coming next week.

    I handed out the treble clef worksheets that the other class did but our time was not enough. I did not correct them after collecting them. I think I would give the students the chance to complete it in class and then we will correct them together. It seems like a nice exercise to give the students to convert the semibreves into different notes and has them practice stem direction in those note creation.

    Miss Roberts was not here again as Miss Chote told me so I had to run off to Form 2L as soon as I got back from the office. I did not teach this class before so I had to ask about the topics that they did with Miss Roberts. I realised that this was a class that missed out on their full Form 1 training in music theory. I reviewed the music alphabet, the staff, and the pitches on the treble staff. I gave them copies of the same treble clef worksheet. Note values were reviewed after and I gave them a few equations to complete that the Form ones had to do.

    Right after recess, I had Form 3M. This was a class I had already taught before. I decided to correct the homework I gave them the last time and went right into the dots lesson. I did not use the form one teaching notes I had but reviewed them from the top of my head in a similar fashion.

    However, after the review of regular notes and then the notes with dots, I gave them the full exercise from my compilation textbook. They had some fun writing out the answer on the board but by the time lunch went, we had to run out of the class because the air conditioning was not working there.

    I took my bible up from my bag during lunchtime and went to Block C’s staffroom. I did some reading and liming with a group of teachers. I had some queries to answer for grades from the last term. I had to get my mark sheet and submit them. I remained there until the end of lunch and waited for school to be over back at my desk. I took a ride with Miss Gittens on the bus shuttle to go to prayer and worship. A false group demonstrated something to us earlier before our group reached.

Link(s):

  • Pictures from Supervision Classes. **
  • Prayer & Worship. **

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:11 am – 3:25 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment