Sunday, January 8, 2023

Presbyterian Church of Trinidad & Tobago – 155th Anniversary

 Date for Entry: (Sunday 8th January 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Sunday 15th January 2023)

Dear Diary,

    This morning the senior band in the church had rehearsal for the 155th anniversary of the Trinidad and Tobago Presbyterian Church. The front of the church’s building was lightly crowded for persons to arrive and enter the sanctuary. I got a program, bookmark and a lovely calendar they had made for 2023.

    The service had a large choir, and it was a national one, maybe with choir members from different regions I suppose. They sang several wonderful pieces throughout the service I might never find the notation for.

    The steelband had to play first but sadly, the guys doing the recording did not get the “Away in A Manger” before the processional (5:37 in recording). Only the last verse was produced. The second piece was “The Prayer” and it was good (1:57:00 in recording). We were given a screen labelling to the bottom left of the visual.

    The remainder of the service took some more time to complete. I remembered how much I used to like night services a long time when mommy used to take me in my days of TML.

Link(s):



Daryl Zion M. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment