Wednesday, January 4, 2023

St. George’s College (WEEK 13) – Day #55

Date for Entry: (Wednesday 4th January 2023)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 5th January 2023)

[T2, W:01 – D:02*].

Dear Diary,

    Today I did not wake up on time. I got to read in fifteen minutes and got down to Curepe. Getting into the maxi I lashed my head real hard on the top of the doorway. It did not ease up until I got outside of the road to wait at the UTT site.

    I had my first class for the term with 1L and they answered the short questions that I had for them based on their experience of St. George’s. Then we moved on to the ‘subject studying avenues’ exercise. I tested the students to see if they knew what avenues they could have used to help them understand the course content.

    At first, it was a game for them (called ‘What would you do if’) but once the table was complete and row nine was left unanswered, I had to quiet them and then allow them to push the game out of their minds and replace it with the thought of a student in their class reaching number nine.

    Before the answer for number nine could have been given, we sorted out the miscellaneous answers students gave. I wrote those out to the side exactly when they gave me them. These drastic responses were discussed in random order. I picked on the most negative ones first and cancelled them off with my personal comments. Only when all of those extras were completed, I gave the answer to number nine. This exercise was done with 1L in the afternoon ad some of their negative miscellaneous were different from the morning class.

    The evening time went by shorter than expected. Aunty Vangy came to pick me up and we had a little surprise outing that evening. We met Uncle and he drove me home. The four hours I had before Bible study that night went by like forty minutes.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:46 am – 4:28 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment