Tuesday, November 1, 2022

St. George’s College (WEEK 7) – Day #26

 Date for Entry: (Tuesday 1st November 2022)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 5th November 2022)

Dear Diary,

    Today I got to school and had only a few minutes before the first period. There was a very long wait for me and some of the other teachers because the administration office was locked. We did not know that we had to ask the police officer at the gate to open it for us. The regular conversations occurred, safety and being in routine to teach. Many of them watched me in amazement when I answered the question that I was "literally waiting for 8:20 to go and teach my new lesson to the form ones."

    Miss Roberts came into the administration office to sign and she then asked me if I was going to class while I packed up my things to go. I went over and waited. I waited some more and then she told me from the opposite corridor that they had home periods for periods one and two.

    I went back to the office and sat in the classroom next door for the majority of the day working on the steelpan version of St. George’s College. I changed the strumming in the introduction. All the pans for verses one and two carried the same rhythmic pattern.

    At first, I thought that it was not a good gamble. I told myself that even though it worked in Tunapuna Secondary School’s Song this one might have had a different outcome. There was a lot of playing around with the introduction until I finally got something that worked. My only insecurity was the effectiveness of the bassline. Towards the end of this exercise, the score became version four.

    By the middle of lunch, I was able to complete typing out the end-of-term exam for the form ones. I did not mind that the room was hot. However, a lot of sleep was being fought. Did not know why that was happening. Last night I stood up after getting the zeal and two more questions to make up the comprehension section. I had lunch afterwards. The exam paper was reviewed by Miss Roberts and it was ready for class. I just have to figure out how to do copies at school.


Link(s):

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:13 am – 3:32 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment