Wednesday, November 9, 2022

St. George’s College (WEEK 8) – Day #32

 Date for Entry: (Wednesday 9th November 2022)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Wednesday 16th November 2022)

Dear Diary,

    I had Form One Mitchell with their dots lesson. Some of them were confused. I had a review and saw that some students may not have learned about how certain fractions worked. I took the opportunity to do some fractions on the board as they do in some music books.

    During lunchtime, I was able to get the laptop on and I found Miss Roberts to take a look at the exam from the previous day. She had a steelband rehearsal to begin soon. She did not want me to test semiquavers and said that she does that in Form Two.

    I still could not find a way to explain to her that the students need to know semiquavers if they are to use that useless ABRSM Grade 1 in certain topics. It felt like I should just go and make up a full book to teach all of the things and compose questions so I wouldn’t have to worry about not having the right workbook.

    When I got home, I just made the changes to satisfy her. The purposes and functions section was transformed into a true and false exercise. I did not print it out because sometimes getting prints from the school email could be an issue. I also saw that you had to send the email an entire twenty-four hours in advance for it to be done.

    I left Miss Roberts for her band rehearsal and went to find the Visual Arts room. Miss Gittens said that it was supposed to be somewhere near the music room. I realised the building for the music room was Block D and her building was Block E. I did not even have lunch so I took out my pie and ate while I waited for Miss Gittens to take out her books. She had asked me to help her with the music theory that she had to learn for a church keyboard class.

    I showed her the treble clef and bass clef on the staff but then Miss Roberts came walking in. I was told that they were going to have a meeting in there and soon the Principal and Miss Jones joined us. There was a big concert fundraiser for the school they wanted to have on the 17th of December here at UTT. Some very interesting things apart from the event occurred.

    The meeting took the entire lunchtime to finish and Miss Gittens and I did not even get to go through the work we wanted to get done. We spent the seventh and eighth periods going through exercises on labelling pitches written on the treble clef and bass clef staves. We were even interrupted when two of her form class students came and told us that the Maths teacher had packed up and left the class because of their continuous pestering and noise. It reminded me of myself when I wanted to leave the same class but I fought that and I continued to make sure the students had the lesson.

Link(s):

  • Form 1 (Term 1) – Simple Answer Exam. ** [Request by Email.]

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:49 am – 2:50 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment