Monday, April 8, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #64) – Day #289

Date for Entry: (Monday 08 April 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 July 2024)

[T2, W:01 – WD:01, (Td:1)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning, getting up off the couch was so tough, especially with no lights in the house for the past 7 nights. I went to school with “Miss Charles”. I wished her a happy term 3 and went on to find my way to the office. I waved to Miss Shobba and met John and Miss Daniels in the office. I was surprised to see Miss Roberts's red car parked up outside. She was singing as I entered the office. Mrs. Allen Brown was now seeing about a new student in 1L. I was surprised to see Miss Ali here so early. I took my desk and teaching bag and went to block K.

    The National Anthem was going on and I had to wait. I did not realize I walked through the pledge. Talks about another letter came and on the first day. I got to comb my hair and wash my hands to eat breakfast and begin the first journal entry of the term. As I was about to write how sad I was to see Mr Charles missing. The door opened and he came in. The principal wrote that after assembly there will be a homeroom period for the second period and then teaching begins but there will be an MMT meeting at 1:56.

    I went to 1F after the end of homeroom. “Jess” was chatting with the children. It ran until the end of the second period. She had a long chat about behaviour and going about class with their teachers. It was nice to see the teachers again in the staff room. The fifth and sixth periods went by quickly. At first, I went to the benches outside to get the transcripts last term completed. I got from Tuesday 5th of March to Thursday 14th March. The Friday will be left out. It is now my belief that the Wi-Fi had to be very strong for the AI to notate the speech. It was always taking a time out by the bench.

    I had a feeling that all those may have slowed down the app's work. Was I right? I'm not sure. I saw Miss Henry and Sadie outside of the class as if they were kicked out. Spoke with Mrs. Jaikaran about leg pain. She told me about absorbent horse medicine. They spoke about the beach trip and asked me how it went. There was a short lunch time just as with recess.

    We ended up doing nothing with 2F. I went to 1F but they were gone. They played hangman again. I sat there and then went to pack up and go down to the library. Miss Alexander spoke with me about the number sticker paper. She didn't know where I could get the machine to do the printing for the stickers. I got a picture of the name of the stickers that she had got from Nalis Library. Back to block C. I got chocolate digestive drops from Aidan Persad from 2L.

    “Gigi” told me that I should join a band like UWI. Choral or UWI Steel or a big stage band and I will get to share what I was blessed with from God. Had some explaining for her and Miss Gittens was shocked. I remember Donna gave me two questions in the middle of her conversation. She made sure to tell “Gigi” to take half a day to mark papers and that she would not be coming tomorrow. This made me remember earlier in the chat that some of us didn't want to come to school but we still had to come. It was strange how many people didn't come to school. Same for the teachers. Nice to see Janessa was there.

    Everyone gathered into a group to share the AI-generated pictures that they had done over the Easter vacation. Miss Gittens had a lot to share on Facebook. I learned that the name of the game is called Smile. I still could not get the PowerPoint completed for music class with Stephen. “Let the Weight of Your Glory Flow” was already notated. The start and ending needed working on and then the full steel band arrangement could be worked on. I played about 8 to 15 rounds of bingo before ending the evening and the first night of term 3.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(: am – : pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment