Monday, April 15, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #65) – Day #293

Date for Entry: (Monday 15 April 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 July 2024)

[T2, W:02 – WD:05, (Td:5)*].

Dear Diary,

    I woke up late this morning. My eye was swollen somehow. I saw “Miss Gloria” by the bus route crossing the road to get my pie. I signed a school book and went to Block K to eat breakfast. Still had some time before class at 1 am. “Jess” had asked me to make copies of the college song. She was going through the woods with the students again like yesterday when I got back. I was glad that some of them had their copies from term 1. There was a lot of trouble in bar 17 with the A3.

    After recess, we had 2L and there was the ending of the hangman game that Jess was playing with them. She asked if I wanted to take the lead for this session so I did the work of teaching the text to the children. We had issues with remembering the words as expected but when it was time for the melody I let “Jess” continue. She said I was wicked.

    At the end of our session, she told me the reason why she wanted the other folk songs as steelpan arrangements. She told me about the national songs that she wanted to teach the children for music festivals and other competitions.

    I met Miss Solomon in the library to find out about the book label tape and printer. She said that I would have to purchase it online. It was the same for the Dewey Decibel Classification System guidebooks. We didn't know what would have been inside the books that we saw in Amazon but there was a set of 4 volumes for the entire collection of Dewey Classification. As Miss Solomon and I sat down in the library I began to see rain setting up in the sky.

    I told Miss Gittens about leaving in the corridor and then walked out. Daddy and I went to Isa. A nice lady driver drove me to Kirip again. I think this was the 2nd time she drove me from Valsane to Kirip. We left everything by Isa and I left some instructions and binding. The bank was the next stop and we were there for 4 hours. Daddy sat down and I stood all the duration.

    I got home and waited for the sun to go down to do my bible work. That was the plan but sadly not a reality. I ended up making a Dewey guide for us in the church library. I also worked on a borrowing card. It was very exciting indeed to learn the name. The borrowing card is one found in a small pocket behind the front cover of a book. The first version was 2 halves of a letter-size page. The other was 3 columns and a letter-size page. Both were in landscape positioning. Rameez was supposed to visit us again. I hoped they would be able to get through what they were doing. I still feel very proud of this borrowing card. It looks very beautiful and neat.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(9:00 am – 2:30 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment