Thursday, April 18, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #65) – Day #296

Date for Entry: (Thursday 18 April 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 July 2024)

[T2, W:02 – WD:08, (Td:2)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning I overslept and woke up with a heat cold which did not make me feel good until 10 am. I signed in a book and then went over to building K. “ChooChoo” was there alone. We were eventually joined by Mrs. Santana and Mr. Charles. Soon after, as soon as I opened the WhatsApp to read Miss Gittins's message, she wanted to see me by the bench. I went over there with my pencil case and she had some Form Five students around her.

    She greeted me and asked for a laptop borrowed from one of the students. We all went into the art room and that was where I had been for the entire day. I sat with Miss and typed up the new CXC timetable for the Visual Arts students. There were two documents to do, which was easy. Three students were needed to give their candidates numbers. Afterwards, it was period three when “Miss Lewis” from 1L came and asked for the attendance sheet from “Jess”.

    I had to walk back to Block K and meet “Jess” in 1L. Janice was with the 2M children since the Form Fives needed the art room to continue their packaging. Once the letter was completed, there were forms to print. My email couldn't work, so the student permitted me to log out of their email first. Miss Gittins had to log in, but then the email got kicked out by an internet cut. I gave the girl back her computer.

    I took up the bag of Bristol board that Stephen brought from the office and my yardstick from Calvin and I went to the corner of the room and got the envelope staples. Some of the students at first were looking as if they were wondering why I was stapling the Bristol board so many times like a maniac. The lines were done afterwards. However, I forgot opposite sides will have a different measurement because of the difference in the size of the paper. So that was a quick erase and plug-in of track points.

    By the middle of lunchtime, all eight envelopes were lined and I took the green marker from Miss to do the criterion label, which we laughed about. When Janice came back she did the labelling in blue marker, we met during the seventh period while I was in the office’s storeroom looking for things to carry back to the art room. She then told me that she didn't put markers on the list, so I took the materials and copies for Miss back to the art room with the assistance of “Miss Berkeley.”

    To the end of school, everyone except Miss and I remained with the art students. I think the art student Nicholas was singing a nice piece of rap music. It was very nice to draw up more lines from the Bristol board. He didn't know I was paying attention to what he was singing. Eventually, “Maria” called Miss to find out if I was going with them and I said yes. Early I got my bags long after Miss had gone to the washroom. I too needed to go.

    We both remained in the room the entire day working. As soon as I got home, I went to finish the “Crown Him with Many Crowns” arrangement. It was emailed to Mr Sharma for printing. After working on the journal entry for all of the day, I hope to get a lot done in Bible study now before the rest of the night is over.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:30 am – 4:00 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment