Monday, April 29, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #67) – Day #303

Date for Entry: (Monday 29 April 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 July 2024)

[T2, W:04 – WD:15, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning was an early waking. I had to go toilet and that plus the nice warm water kept me back. There was a new driver for me named Top Dog. The road was super empty on the way down to Valsayn. The driver took a straight ride through the main road.

    As of many times, I was the first OJT to arrive in the office. It was lovely to see the teachers in the staff room. As I got back from the restroom “Choo Choo” came and gave me a nice slice of homemade sponge cake wrapped up in a white pricemart style hand towel. It was great and she had pink icing from scratch on it. Assembly went by long but not roll call.

    I met with “Jess” outside 1F and we went to 1M and I translated the Spanish sentences on the board while we waited for the students to change into their costumes. Then the class time went by. We had more waiting for 1F to get back from their class, change and then come over to the hall.

    Miss Pope had to kick us out of the hall because she had a physical education class with 2F. I saw that they were doing some basketball. I think it may have been netball. I did not pay attention to which kind of ball game it was. I saw Jay and Jesse holding their basketball hoops while all of us were coming out with our chairs from the hall.

    I sat with “Hammy”, Shaquille and Ahmed at the back in the hot corridor outside of the hall towards the car park sign. “Vishy” joined us after his group performance. I needed to go to the staff room after, just to cool down from all of that heat. I did not stay for the last performance during recess. I wished that I had a bigger bottle of cold water.

    Disappointingly, I had forgotten to pack my flash drive. I couldn't help Miss Gittins with her mark book again. There was supposed to be an MMT meeting now in the 5th period. They had no room to go. I began to work on a membership card for the library by pen and paper. I ended up finishing it in the art room. Needed to get some heat because the cold was building up in my nose. Miss Gittins's suggestion was to put the date of birth at the top of the registration and the registration date below. I had to insert the contact information after. This was the children's library card.

    I feel as if the adult's card will be done as a borrow from the children's card already made. I went to get copies from Miss Gittins delivered to her and returned to the staff room. Mrs. Jaikaran called me out to pay me. As we were about to enter the building, “Chuchu” said, “Mr Ali yuh must pick the right people lime with. Look she ain’t even reach in de buildin’ two minutes and she feelin’ cold already.” She laughed out with the two of us.

    Dr. Jogie stayed with me after school. Soon after, “Miss Celia” came back and said that she was going to ‘plan a storm’ tomorrow and try to upload SBAs because of the poor internet. I met Kiel waiting for the bus shuttle and he said that he was already done with his time sheet. I stayed back with the art students. We got a ride out with the parents of Miss Alyssa Guy.

    I went home to get out of the way and I had the three or four sides to the children's library card typed up. There was excess space remaining in the document. Perhaps a poem would be nice to add or I would have to find something else to insert on the card. I tried to fight and get Genesis 25 completed, but it was difficult. Then I finished faster than I thought.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:01 am – 4:25 pm) 

No comments:

Post a Comment