Thursday, April 11, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #64) – Day #291

Date for Entry: (Thursday 11 April 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Saturday 20 July 2024)

[T2, W:01 – WD:03, (Td:3)*].

Dear Diary,

    This morning was an early wake. No electricity at all in the house. I only got Genesis chapter 5 completed. I had to go toilet again and it was time after 8 to arrive.

    As soon as I was about to walk in from crossing the road, “Miss Celia” popped her car horn and she gave me a ride into the compound. Miss Santana was already going back to her car and angry with an upper school girl. Miss Ali had asked me to help her carry her pot of sawine into the office. Some parents were waiting patiently while I got signed into the logbook.

    I took my bag and went up to the K building on the car park side. Miss Mary and “Miss Alicia” were chatting sitting by their door. I gave them a wave goodbye and Miss Gittens wasn't in the art room or 2L. Maybe she was in the assembly. I ate my pie in the staff room. Many of the teachers were eating their breakfast as well. It was their breakfast that they had organised. Miss Mustapha asked if “I do barfie” and she laughed when I said yes in a particular way. Mr Charles was happy to get one also.

    The roll call was very short. I met Tris by the sliding doors in the lobby of Block K and we walked down to 1M. Mrs Jaikaran spoke two sentences with me while speaking with “Miss Gloria”. Class attendance was short and I almost forgot to send out the roll sheet. Just did the class chat for the double period. I sat with “Mr Williams” and “Mr Paltoo” too.

    When we got to 1F “Jess” sent me to get copies of Georgia's Anthem. I had to wait. Tia came into the office to do something. We met Mr Baines who came too with his computer. I tried to get the PDF on the computer while Miss Ali ate her doubles on the side when she investigated Mr Baines' computer. Finally, I got the copies and Miss was teaching the children the words. At recess, I used the washroom and went to work on Genesis chapters 7 and 8. It felt too much to do so I stopped and listened to Donna share what happened with the 3F parents.

    In the second half of lunchtime, I tried to copy “Man, Man” to work on at night when there would be no current at all. “Jess” came and had to call me for class when she got into the building. The lead sheet was in 1L but handed out and we went through the lyrics. She looked angry when the Muslim students had gone back to the library without her knowing. After school I got some copies of the attendance register for classes tomorrow.

    I got a ride with Mr Greenaway to Happiness in Curepe. Miss Gittens went to the lower one in about 3 minutes. The night was extremely hot. Aunty brought roti and goat for me. I asked her to keep it in her fridge at her home for me because we had no current at all to heat the food. It seemed as if the bible reading would have been better to do in school. Struggling to hold the camera phone light on above the book was too much to do and my eyes felt like straining. The inner chapters in school would give me time at night to work on “Man Man”. The night was hot again. I wish somebody was there to chat with. Maybe they might have been able to cheer me up.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(8:05 am – 4:29 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment