Thursday, January 25, 2024

St. George’s College (Week #55) – Day #251

Date for Entry: (Thursday 25 January 2024)

Actual Date of Online Entry: (Friday 26 January 2024)

[T2, W:04 – WD:17, (Td:5)*].

Dear Diary,

    Another challenge waking up this morning and getting ready. It was very exhausting sitting on the chair trying to wake up. The Maxi man stopped early and Kiel walked out with me. He had a lab to prepare early in the morning so he walked off in front of me and I continued slowly into the compound.

    I had breakfast and had forgotten that I was supposed to be in the Form 4 class with Miss Roberts. She came to get markers in the office. “Mr. Ash” came to do an incident report for Mr. Martin. I lent him my table to write out the incident form and then I went to the Form 4 class near the end of the second period.

    Once that class was over, I went and met “Jess” in the staff room to take her to 1M. She worked on lyrics for the Soca competition with the children and I worked on questions for my topic on Rests. I checked on the group’s work as well towards the second end of the period.

    As I got back to the office at recess time someone else was using my table. I went to get my shirt measured from Miss Dana. Miss Mustapha said that she was going to take the shirt that she bought for us to be printed. Miss Dana showed me it but I didn't try it on until 1.06 in the afternoon before lunch was over. I had to leave March practice when Miss Mustapha came to sit in the corner of the children.

    I waited for “Jess” at Block K lobby for a while after recess. I had a nice laugh and chat with “Miss Bianca” and the new guard. Only the second half of the period was taken away from us because all of the children had to go to their house meetings. It was short and simple. I was congratulated along with Mitchell House Captains for some of the work we have been doing. We had another March practice again during lunchtime. I did not see Miss Kittens during lunch until I was about to leave.

    I went back to Miss Dana to try on the T-shirt after school. The XL shirt worked nicely. I went over to the music room and Miss Roberts was measuring sizes for the marches. She said that today was a presentation for the Form 6s.

    As soon as school was over, I packed up and left my bag in the staff room to go for March practice immediately. It was wonderful to see that the girls had prayed before they began and they also prayed at the end of their practice.

    Once they had finished, I remained with the Form 5s from yesterday until 4 PM. There was only Calvin and Amy there. They spoke about someone named Dahlia. I saw “Manohar” getting ready to drive off his Maxi with his passengers on our way up to Curepe.

 

Daryl Zion M. Ali

(7:53 am – 4:30 pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment